New project almost finished.

Status
Not open for further replies.

daddue11

Reaction score
This is too cool! I would think the B/S flatty would be plenty for this set-up. If you want an upgrade, keep the motor but add a torq-a-verter and re-gear appropriately. Neat set up!

Thank you sir,I totally agree with the tav and gears,especially when I put the bigger wheels and tires on,I'd like it to have more lower end torque for hills and less top end speed,I'll have to count the sprocket teeth and then ask advice from there.
Would I have to build a J-shaft for a TAV or could I put the driven directly on the axle?

newrider3

Reaction score
The mounting plate for the TAV has a built in jackshaft, you just run a chain from the sprocket on the rear of the driven to a sprocket on the axle.

daddue11

Reaction score
UPDATE:
I took this trike out to check it out on the back fourty at work today and then I decided that I'm gonna turn it back to just a mini-bike again.
The reason for this decision is simple... The dammed thing is just too dangerous to be used for offroad use,it wanted to tip at almost every corner even at the lowest speeds ad when you would go across bumpy ground it would walk all over the trail and throw the front in a direction that you didn't want to go.It was very easy to oversteer wich made it want to throw one of the rear wheels in the air ect.ect.ect.
This might have been okay on pavement or with rear and front suspension, but a REAL KILLER on dirt.
My next plan is to make an extra mini pickup with a dump bed,I'm gonna start on it next weekend.:thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Status
Not open for further replies.