• OFF TOPIC fun forum - NO politics - NO religion - NO jerks. It's not complicated. Thanks!

New Project! 1966

950speed

Reaction score
Hello it’s been a while here but I just acquired a new project this weekend

It’s a 1966 Ford F100
Long bed (LWB)
3 speed, manual on the column
352 V8
All original aside from the seat and mirrors, even the original wheels

So it’s a bit of a project but hoping to turn it around in the next couple years. The front driver fender is banged up and there is a giant rust hole in the bedside and the front bed floor is rotted but everything else is very solid, even the cab

I tried driving it the 65miles home yesterday but because of old bad gas only made it 5miles lol. So it got towed back to the PO house and is being trailered right my house tomorrow. But I will clean out the fuel system this weekend and that should be fine.

Plan is to get it mechanically sound and registered and then start the body work. Going to get some old sheet metal and a mig welder and learn to spot weld sheet metal so I can do it instead of a paying someone, it’ll look like a rat for a while

Planning on selling both of my karts in the next few weeks in order to get a head start with this, not sure how much longer I’ll be on this forum

If anyone has any tips or advice or anything or anything else you want to share I really want to hear it, I’ll get more pictures later this week

Attachments

• 29CA4171-E774-4768-88B1-55C27B83F704.jpeg
    29CA4171-E774-4768-88B1-55C27B83F704.jpeg
    604.7 KB · Views: 3
  • A36F0DDB-2FD7-4CBB-AB71-9B59585E0B29.jpeg
    A36F0DDB-2FD7-4CBB-AB71-9B59585E0B29.jpeg
    767.4 KB · Views: 6

Bansil

Painter of gnomes....
Reaction score
Keep your karts to have fun, selling them to put money into the truck is a waste of fun time when you need to relax from working on the truck.

That truck will take years and $$$$, not trying to discourage you at all, go ballz deep on it BUT keep your kartz to have fun, when you get frustrated and ****ed and throw a wrench at the truck.....step back, take a breath , maybe a quick spin on the kart...and chill.

Trust me as the mid 50 year old Internet stranger, a couple $100 bills will go way too quick :thumbsup: