new guy

Status
Not open for further replies.

matt

Reaction score
Hi i just got registered, and i am planning to build a mini bike soon. I have seen some of the ideas you guys are coming up with and they are pretty cool. I just got the idea that I would like to make a mini bike, and have read the entire short page on mini bikes and choppers, but I might need some help along the way, some suggestions if I decide to go ahead and make the bike. I feel very ambitious, but I don't want to go in way over my head. Thanks for reading this, just so you know that you have a new member.

For a bike, I would probably make something with the 1 inchx one eighth wall tube you guys have been talking about and an engine around 10 horsepower. I would see it as slightly bigger than what you guys have made, maybe between a dirt bike and a minibike. A top speed of 40 to 50 miles per hour would be nice. I don't know. Well, anyway, I'll keep reading your posts and see if I can get something started.

:}=}

matt

Reaction score
Thanks for the welcome guys. i will look for an 8 or 10 horsepower engine and a torque converter on eBay, meanwhile for a week or two I will look for some tube so I can make a frame. Do you guys have any reccomendations for a place to buy some tube from online? Preferably the cheapest place? If you guys can tell me a link to one or two places that would be great. You guys are making these things all the time, its amazing.
By the way, I noticed there is only one page of posts for mini bikes and choppers. I would think there would be more. Seems like you don't post very often. I guess I'll just send you some pics when I start the frame and if I need some help. my dad has a shop with a hydraulic pipe bender and two welders, plus lots of other good stuff, so getting a frame together with some drawn up plans should be no problem. I might use some inspiration from the vintage looking motorcycle on vintageprojects.com, I like that kind of look, an off road kind of version would be great.

Reaction score
Just open up the phone book and find a metal dealer. Call around town for the best price.

I'm also installing a new forum software over the weekend. Hopefully it will make things easier, like posting photos. This software is a little wonky when it comes to that. For the easiest way, start a new post to get the photos to post.

matt

Reaction score
Thanks you're probably right. No shipping charges, just go and pick it up. I have seen a couple dealers around my area. I will get pictures once I start assembly, in the new software format. hopefully it will work out.

Reaction score
Just open up the phone book and find a metal dealer. Call around town for the best price.

I'm also installing a new forum software over the weekend. Hopefully it will make things easier, like posting photos. This software is a little wonky when it comes to that. For the easiest way, start a new post to get the photos to post.

Status
Not open for further replies.