New From Virginia

Status
Not open for further replies.

FishAholic929

Reaction score
Ok, so I've always thought go karts are fun, but I've never had my own, built one or worked on one. I figure if I can build a Jeep, I can build a go kart right? I hope that doesn't sound to arrogant :) I have twin boys that were born in march, I know they are too young now, but I figure it's never too early to start working on one for them. I have a 2 car garage that some great architect designed only 19' deep. Do you really think my suburban or my wife's 4Runner will really fit in there? So I need a project to work on, and I'm thinking a go kart is perfect. Now on to a couple questions. I have the choice between three different engines. Two are Wisconsin engines from an old Cement Mixer, I am unsure of the HP. One is a B&S 8.0hp out of an old shredder/chipper. Any of the 3 are free, but I can only take one. Any preferences?

redsox985

Reaction score
Briggs. More available for them in terms of upgrades and/or replacement parts.

FishAholic929

Reaction score
Thats what I was thinking. Just figured I'd ask......I'm hoping I can salvage some parts from the actual shredder too. I'm sure it has a pretty mean shaft and set of bearings at least on it. Not sure what I can use them for, but I think I'll find something. I can't wait to start fabricating...its been way too many years since I've been able to play around.

Status
Not open for further replies.