Needing advice for honing a connecting rod.

Rat

Reaction score
Not me. I believe that was the the parts guy. Thats what he does, parts.
l just throw in useless info, stupid jokes, and waste everyones time.
l expect an eviction notice any day now!
I'm the resident A$$hole and MacGyver. If there's a way to do something I'll probably figure it out despite the potential of a horrific, flaming, high speed, explosive ending 🤷🏻‍♂️

Thepartsguy

Reaction score
It honestly amazes me how simple older tools were, yet how precise they could be. I got an old set of tools from my great-grandfather after he passed, and I've got some old rachets and whatnot that honestly feel nicer than what I see today. Also @Master Hack thank you so much for letting me know about that guy with the rods, I got one ordered.
I also got all my tools from my 90yo grandfather. Before all the factory’s shut down I had money and also purchased brand new sets of tools. All the new stuff I bought is unusable junk.

Did you get a set of inserts with that rod?

l expect an eviction notice any day now!

4981A639-B7FE-482B-A9E7-3BE7023CF999.jpeg

Thepartsguy

Reaction score
@Thepartsguy Yup, I ordered a pair from OMB. And thanks for the suggestion, sorry I got you name mixed up lol.
No worries I don’t know if he sent you a copy or if you have anything to go off of. If you do not here is what I have to offer. better then winging it. You should look at arcs sight and get your specific torque for your specific rod. If it is the same final torque as on this paper follow these instructions like the rods integrity depends on it..

Remember your clearences are also backwards.. .003 is smaller then .002CC96BA70-DF31-41DC-9102-19837EF8F491.jpeg019C664B-0E80-477B-B333-F3B920E58919.jpeg26C1BDF1-F6B9-47B3-9AE3-A7253E938DD9.jpegB94E1D74-D260-47C1-A999-2FE8AA418B71.jpegACB38240-E9F1-4011-86A5-A6A34BE472CB.jpeg3E9AC260-DB37-45A8-92D3-AFE95407FF08.jpeg

Last edited:

Denny

Canned Monster
Reaction score
Can you please explain to me how .003 is smaller than .002. I always thought and was taught in school that 3 is bigger than 2?

Rat

Reaction score
Can you please explain to me how .003 is smaller than .002. I always thought and was taught in school that 3 is bigger than 2?
I was getting ready to take the bait... THEN I saw the name attached to the comment.
🤨

Guess you slept through fractions and negatives

Rat

Reaction score
New math. That common core crap!
On paper and in theory, common core looked like a great idea: All schools coast to coast teach from the same curriculum.

But then they handed out laptops, legible writing becomes irrelevant, literacy and spelling becomes irrelevant (don't worry autocorrect will get it) and mathematics became some kind of convoluted drawing nonsense that college professors have to UNteach because it is the dumbest longest method of getting the wrong answer more often than the correct one.

I can't stand the presence of most anyone under 30 and leave it at that because there is just no family friendly way to speak my mind on this subject even censored.

Rat

Reaction score
Struck a nerve?
They don't teach, they indoctrinate 'em.
Not so much struck a nerve as I it is I am one of those with ZERO respect left for any level or aspect of this cesspool of a nation.
I have never been patriotic in the least.

Fact is that as a people we are 100 years overdue for an uprising and revolt in which the corruption that been left unchecked and unanswered for Is pulled from all it's many stations and executed in the streets without mercy or prejudice. This country IS exactly what it was founded with the intention of never becoming... actually it's worse

Thepartsguy

Reaction score
Torque the rod cap down and check the plastigauge for a clearance of .006

That plastigauge didn’t crush enough it needs to be wider just under .003

Op do you have calipers/plastigauge or are you just gonna torque the rod down and send it? You probably should check the clearance.

Edit 1+1 equals 3.... 9 months has to go by though...