my wheels are ****!

Status
Not open for further replies.

r_chez_08

Should be in the shop...
Reaction score
ok, does anyone know where to get some 12" ish bearing wheels good enough for a kart in the uk, for a reasonable price. i have ones like hf ones at the moment, but one has fallen off twice, and they wobble like crazy, and need kicking back in to shape every 5 minutes. also my dad wont let me ride my kart without new wheels :roflol:

Justin

Reaction score
ok, does anyone know where to get some 12" ish bearing wheels good enough for a kart in the uk, for a reasonable price. i have ones like hf ones at the moment, but one has fallen off twice, and they wobble like crazy, and need kicking back in to shape every 5 minutes. also my dad wont let me ride my kart without new wheels :roflol:

it has fallen off?!? i would definately get new wheels lol

r_chez_08

Should be in the shop...
Reaction score
the bearings and the hubs are one. also, it isnt the bearings that are the problem, its the little tube thing that the bearings are attached to. i have welded it up twice, but they still fell off. they havent fallen off for a while, but my dad says if they both fall off, the front end will dig in, and i will roll, and my kart hasnt got a proper rollcage!

Kaptain Krunch

Pro Junk Collector
Reaction score
Try riding mower front tires, they wont have bearings but the bushings can be pushed out and replaced with bearings.

Raywelder

Not an Adm¡nistrator
Reaction score
Yep, those little Hf wheels suck, they are the same as the cheapys at TSC. They wobble till they break.

What we did was buy the heavy duty wheel barrow wheels.

brendonv

Reaction score
Yer they look good, im replacing all my wheels to ride on lawnmower wheels as well. Mine didnt break but they wobbled so i changed em. Ive got 2 13" ones on the back and getting another 2 from my dads mate for free. Just ask around, some ppl have em sitting out the back of there house. Especially ppl that are into motorbikes, they usually have wheels n engines n stuff laying around.

Raywelder

Not an Adm¡nistrator
Reaction score
Those dont look too bad for a kart, They have bearings so you are good to go.

r_chez_08

Should be in the shop...
Reaction score
put the new wheels on, work fine, but i crashed!!! wow sliding into farm machinery, even at 15-20mph isnt fun! and it means you have to remake the front end quickly before someone sees:roflol:

Status
Not open for further replies.