My go cart

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lead Foot

Reaction score
Hey guys,

Here is my cart. It was made in 1975 by my uncle. It had a Kawasaki Heavy 60cc 2 stroke mini snow mobile engine. It went good but was very under-powered. After I killed that engine I (blew a seal) I bought a Briggs and Stratton 5hp for 5 dollars. I used a 12 tooth clutch and the original 72 tooth sprocket. I, of course, removed the governor and clocked it at 35 mph. I painted the engine shroud and installed various mufflers and intakes before finding the right one, a straight header and a k&N filter(not in pictures). I have also installed lights and fenders. Since these pictures were taken I have removed all the old paint from the engine and polished the aluminum to an amazing shine. i have also added a tail light and am waiting on a new 13 tooth clutch that should show up Wednesday.
Hope you enjoy the pictures and let me know what you think!

Matt

Attachments

• original front.jpg
    original front.jpg
    68.2 KB · Views: 348
  • original engine.jpg
    original engine.jpg
    56.1 KB · Views: 280
  • original engine 2.jpg
    original engine 2.jpg
    49.4 KB · Views: 172
  • new engine painted.jpg
    new engine painted.jpg
    43.9 KB · Views: 317
  • new painted engine2.jpg
    new painted engine2.jpg
    51.5 KB · Views: 249

Lead Foot

Reaction score
More pictures:

Attachments

• new fenders and box.jpg
    new fenders and box.jpg
    51.8 KB · Views: 193
  • new lights.jpg
    new lights.jpg
    49.6 KB · Views: 230
  • intake.jpg
    intake.jpg
    46.3 KB · Views: 220
  • new muffler.jpg
    new muffler.jpg
    46 KB · Views: 213
  • guages.JPG
    guages.JPG
    41.7 KB · Views: 262

RobertD

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Now that's a go kart! Where is your oil pressure sending unit located? And what are the other switches on the console? Cool idea on the fenders, too. Not only do they look good, but keeps you a little cleaner.

Are you still running the 72 tooth?

Lead Foot

Reaction score
Thanks man,
The oil pressure gauge is just for looks, I didn't have another gauge that matches the amp. guage to go in the pod.

In those pictures there is the kill switch (top left) head light (bottom left) and the guage back-lights (bottom right). Snce those pictures were taken I have added a tail light switch, and the fog light switch is under the steering wheel.

I am still running the 72 tooth, i think, ill go check.

Status
Not open for further replies.