Most BA shifter cart on this forum (and most reliable)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kenny_McCormic

Kartless....
Reaction score
This thing has been sitting in out garage for 10 years with a half tank of gas.

Before we started pulling crap off of it, just hooked up the batt charger (yea right, like a battery in an unheated Michigan garage is any good) and aired up the tires(gonna need new rear ones).

After cranking it and pumping the gas for a a minute, stoping to give the charger and starter a break and trying again IT RAN, on 10+year old gas. when it fired up I ran and got the camera to shoot this.

Then we rolled it out.
Dad is vacuuming cat diarrhea :ack2: from the seats.

Dad running around the yard with my sister in the passenger seat.

Sorry about margin rape and crap pics, my cam was in macro mode:oops: .

Things I learned today:
-Push starting a car (I only stalled once, dad stalled multiple times and he has driven manuals before)
-driving a stick shift(sort of, I now have rolling around in first figured out)

Things I attempted to learn today, but failed:
-finding reverse! (no shift pattern sticker)

Things that need fixing:

-Trans is leaking oil cause somebody messed up the rearend, the backing plates on the brakes are gone!

-wiring is an unlabeled, unfused, fire hazard, rats nest thats been painted black. Switches and bare wiring hanging from dashboard.

-Steering gearbox needs replacement

crazycart

RedNek Engineering
Reaction score
Ive read this, but cant confirm it, that all the additives in gas today makes it not last as long as gas oh say from 10 years ago :thumbsup:

Cool buggy.

Kenny_McCormic

Kartless....
Reaction score
Ive read this, but cant confirm it, that all the additives in gas today makes it not last as long as gas oh say from 10 years ago :thumbsup:

Cool buggy.

It smelled like rotten gas and had turned dark yellow. Its was bad. Good gas hasnt been made since the early 80s if my understanding is correct, even AVgas 100LL is only rated for 5 years.

Ex-neighbor of mine used to build Meyers Manx at what was originally supposed to be a Tucker Agency.
He now owns chain of new car dealerships here on Long Island.
His wife is heir to Campbell Soup Co.
His father and my father were, at one time, in direct competition with each other. Both owned and operated paint and wallpaper stores.

Thats pretty cool, I love how their site recommends a water cooled engine for street use, this thing makes 60mph in first gear, never been in the other 3! But it has a bigger carb, better intake manifold, and exhaust system.

thatkidrob

Reaction score
60mph in first? Not trying to call you a liar or anything but that doesn't seem possible.

Kenny_McCormic

Kartless....
Reaction score
60mph in first? Not trying to call you a liar or anything but that doesn't seem possible.

Larger than stock transporter tires(engine and trans from a bus), dual port 1600cc motor, bigger carb, performance exhaust, it will do it. It might have high performance internals but we dont know for sure.

Status
Not open for further replies.