Max Torque Conv Question

Status
Not open for further replies.

jerseyrick1

Reaction score
Hey, how's everyone? I'm new at this buggy/go kart biz. I've been busy resurrecting a Murray Kilowatt buggie with a 6.5 tecumseh. My belt comes tomorrow and I want to service the drive clutch and the driven (TC) before it's maiden voyage. My eyes are numb from searching these last two weeks for info:mad2: Can anyone point me in the right direction? I came across a video clip days ago and haven't found it yet. I can find break downs for everything but I never did one and the info is slim pickens. Thanx in advance for any help.

PS: I have no idea what size it is but I would think a 30 series from what I've read...

Aryukei

Reaction score
Hey, how's everyone? I'm new at this buggy/go kart biz. I've been busy resurrecting a Murray Kilowatt buggie with a 6.5 tecumseh. My belt comes tomorrow and I want to service the drive clutch and the driven (TC) before it's maiden voyage. My eyes are numb from searching these last two weeks for info:mad2: Can anyone point me in the right direction? I came across a video clip days ago and haven't found it yet. I can find break downs for everything but I never did one and the info is slim pickens. Thanx in advance for any help.

PS: I have no idea what size it is but I would think a 30 series from what I've read...

Uh...What's your question?

Kenny_McCormic

Kartless....
Reaction score
Take the driver apart, clean any gunk out and pack it in bearing grease, pay close attention to how it came apart the 30 series is sensitive to which way you put the spring loaded thing in.

Just clean the rear, no lube.

jerseyrick1

Reaction score
Uh...What's your question?

My question was how to service it. I also seen a video clip of it being done and maybe one of you motorheads had it somewhere in your favs. I found max-torques home site and I'll wing it from there. It says lube this but not that and dont get any on this and etc, etc, etc...

Here is a lnk for the next guy who may have the same question down the road:

http://www.maxtorque.com/html/maintenence.html

Like I said guys, I'm new to karts and in my 40's (LOL) I always rode them, never worked on them...

arenacrossrider

arenacrossrider
Reaction score
i have a murray kilowatt go kart and ordered a new belt for it and it is suppossed to be here tommorrow.I dont think your buggy has a 30 series torque converter though it probably has the max torque converter on it i think thats what comes on them factory thats what mine has on it and the belt length is 37x125 and you can perchase that belt at www.willardsmallengines.com thanks...

03BLACKGT

Reaction score
I know the link of the video exists b/c I've seen it. But as yourslef, I havent been able to find it. Ill keep searching.

Status
Not open for further replies.