Looking for a school to be wheel chair and scooter tech

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hippie Mike

Reaction score
Im looking to find a school that will teach me the finer arts of wheel chair and scooter repair if any of ypu ffine people know can you tell me This true storey the other day the a physical therpist came to see ask how was doing the VA would like to help me I said that cool i need new batters for my ez zap ez 3 its not holding charge they turn me down the VA did not pay for this I paid 800 clams righ t show room if need to re pair this i can get the part over enter just front hub motor about 149 clames you can part less than what coast to repair a pace saver 2 i try to explane thay blew of I love this zap forgot the VA is going get VA approve schooter right the 2400 clam please help if you can Merry C]hristmas to yoiu one :all all enjoy life

Attachments

• EZ New.jpg
    EZ New.jpg
    80.7 KB · Views: 7

BradenM

Etre Et Durer.
Reaction score
I do not think there is a specific course for wheelchair and scooter repair, however I would suggest looking at something in bicycles, and something like an auto electrician. I think it's more likely experts in the field start in related area's such as these, and branch out into this, where they learn even more from those in the business. It might pay to go into a shop and ask, however.

Braden.

DAElectric

Reaction score
If you are talking about building something that will go on the street there are several books on building electric cars.

oscaryu1

Reaction score
Im looking to find a school that will teach me the finer arts of wheel chair and scooter repair if any of ypu ffine people know can you tell me This true storey the other day the a physical therpist came to see ask how was doing the VA would like to help me I said that cool i need new batters for my ez zap ez 3 its not holding charge they turn me down the VA did not pay for this I paid 800 clams righ t show room if need to re pair this i can get the part over enter just front hub motor about 149 clames you can part less than what coast to repair a pace saver 2 i try to explane thay blew of I love this zap forgot the VA is going get VA approve schooter right the 2400 clam please help if you can Merry C]hristmas to yoiu one :all all enjoy life

Neat drive system. I've heard of it on DIY electric bikes...

Moving on, the batteries should be located under that silver cover. Nothing special about these batteries, whether 10V .9aH, or 12V 20aH. They have a + and - terminal, like any normal battery. Buy and swap. Easy job.

SpyGuy

Hooligan
Reaction score
I've seen several rear-hub electric drives on bikes in my area (Tucson), and they go for quite a bit of dinero (like $700 or so apiece). There's also a trike that has the setup on the front wheel, like yours (neat ride, btw).

Oscar's got it right - pull the cover off, and see what kind of battery you have in there first. Then, go online and see what you can do for better deals.

As for the school, I'm not sure of any for scooter and wheelchair repair, although the local colleges might have some classes for electric-powered vehicles. I would suggest researching electric vehicle sites, as occasionally the information used to build an electric car can be translated to smaller vehicles, such as scooters and wheelchairs.

Status
Not open for further replies.