Jackshaft and pulley?

Thepartsguy

Reaction score
I have a 400cc snowmobile engine and it would be cool to fit to the streaker. can I remove the driven out of the picture completely? my idea is just to match the driven size with a standard 3/4 pulley. That way I could simplify the install with some pillow blocks a 3/4 jackshaft and some locking collars. I’m not sure how I’d mount the driven and whole setup on a streaker. So only the driver would shift. I know this would also keep me out of second gear but with 6” tires and a jackshaft I could go always go up a few jackshaft sprocket sizes to compensate.

bob58o

SuckSqueezeBangBlow
Reaction score
Two variable pulleys and a fixed belt length works.

One variable pulley and one fixed pulley with a fixed belt length won’t work correctly, at least instead my head.

It might could function like a belt clutch would?

Attachments

• IMG_3737.png
    IMG_3737.png
    1.3 MB · Views: 3

Denny

Canned Monster
Reaction score
I have a 400cc snowmobile engine and it would be cool to fit to the streaker. can I remove the driven out of the picture completely? my idea is just to match the driven size with a standard 3/4 pulley. That way I could simplify the install with some pillow blocks a 3/4 jackshaft and some locking collars. I’m not sure how I’d mount the driven and whole setup on a streaker. So only the driver would shift. I know this would also keep me out of second gear but with 6” tires and a jackshaft I could go always go up a few jackshaft sprocket sizes to compensate.
It will not work, sorry. You see the belt length changes too much, it will just shread and snap belts.