Hub for weird T8F sprocket

Josh42

Reaction score
I picked up this motor kit for my first electric kart build, thinking it would be a reasonably economical solution:
It came with a lot of parts I would have had to source elsewhere. The only problem I'm running into now is finding a sprocket hub to match the included 8mm 54T sprocket. It has a strange bolt hole circle of 64-65mm (~2 1/2") with 6mm (1/4") holes. I'm using a 1" live axle and can't find anything to match on the big online outlets that I know of (BMI, GoPowerSports, GoKart Supply, Electric Scooter Parts). The closest solution I found was at Alfa Wheels, but it's a freewheel hub, so that'd kill my motor braking and reverse possibilities:
That's exactly the sprocket I have, but I can't find a fixed hub to go with it.

Any thoughts on how I could proceed or other sources to try?

I realize I might be able to get whole new sprockets & chain to solve this problem, but I worry it may then be difficult to find a different motor sprocket to match this spindle. Plus, I'd like to save some money and use as much of what I already have as possible.

Thanks!
-Josh

Josh42

Reaction score

EpsilonZero

...still cheaper than a boat!
Reaction score
Maybe just dump the 8mm and go #25? Or you could weld the freewheel hub..

Josh42

Reaction score
Welding the freewheel hub crossed my mind. #25 doesn't look too promising, but I can make a #35 work for about $65. Not as bad as I'd expected, but still more money... Ugh.

EpsilonZero

Reaction score
Welding the freewheel hub crossed my mind. #25 doesn't look too promising, but I can make a #35 work for about $65. Not as bad as I'd expected, but still more money... Ugh.
I'm considering further modifying my son's Razor Dune Buggy that uses #25. What issues are you running into with #25?

Josh42

Reaction score
I haven't done an exhaustive search yet, but at first glance on a few sites, I'm not finding good matches between sprockets and hubs that are available for a 1" axle. This was particularly centered around Electric Scooter Parts and BMI so far.

EpsilonZero

Reaction score
How big is the kart you're putting this on? If it is a bigger yard kart, I'd go at least #35 anyway. I use #420 on mine.