How in the hell ???

Jsupstarz

Reaction score
How the hell do I get my old clutch off at pulls off fine but the belt is too tight even when I takeoff the snap ring they’re still not enough room before the belt gets super tight and there’s no room do I have to Derail the belt or take the large rear Pulley offimage.jpg

Last edited:

ONE-EYE

Reaction score
Grab a hold of your driven (big pulley) and twist it. This will give you more room as the belt will drop closer to the jackshaft. Just be careful because if you let go, the spring inside will spin that pulley back into position.

ONE-EYE

Reaction score
Grab a hold of your driven (big pulley) and twist it. This will give you more room as the belt will drop closer to the jackshaft. Just be careful because if you let go, the spring inside will spin that pulley back into position.
Nevermind I'm thinking torque converter lol. That belt looks a bit rough anyway so you could just cut it and get a new one but I guess it's looking like it'd have to come off otherwise. Sorry.

ONE-EYE

Reaction score
You could try to loosen those bolts on the mount and side the pullies closer together. I'm pretty sure that's what they're for anyway, to increase or decrease tension on the belt that is...

Jsupstarz

Reaction score
How the hell do I get my old clutch off at pulls off fine but the belt is too tight even when I takeoff the snap ring they’re still not enough room before the belt gets super tight and there’s no room do I have to Derail the belt or take the large rear Pulley offView attachment 129536
Got it off took 4 bolts below large pulley just slid right forward

madprofessor

"Loose Cannon Creations"
Reaction score
Yep, that's how it's supposed to work. On most karts the motor itself is slid forward/backward to tension the primary chain (motor shaft to jackshaft). Usually leaves a secondary chain (jackshaft to axle sprocket) with no way to adjust it, requiring a chain tensioner. See attached pic of a homemade tensioner (built oversized, oops) on a nearly 3' long secondary spread.
A torque converter setup with a built-in backplate gives you a rigid output sprocket that lets you just slide the motor for tensioning the only chain required. You get the TC belt drive tensioning for free, there is none.

Attachments

• IMG_20210420_182405.jpg
    IMG_20210420_182405.jpg
    2.6 MB · Views: 2

Jsupstarz

Reaction score
Yep, that's how it's supposed to work. On most karts the motor itself is slid forward/backward to tension the primary chain (motor shaft to jackshaft). Usually leaves a secondary chain (jackshaft to axle sprocket) with no way to adjust it, requiring a chain tensioner. See attached pic of a homemade tensioner (built oversized, oops) on a nearly 3' long secondary spread.
A torque converter setup with a built-in backplate gives you a rigid output sprocket that lets you just slide the motor for tensioning the only chain required. You get the TC belt drive tensioning for free, there is none.
Aha I got it