Homemade Electric Go Kart

Status
Not open for further replies.

j.concepcion54321

Rebuilding KTM, Need Kart
Reaction score
Hey guys this is my first time posting here on DIY Go Karts but ive read lots of blogs and have decided to make a go kart. I started with a Green Machine frame and just stripped it down of all the components it had and was left with just the basic frame. To that frame i bolted on the front steering arm of an old pride mobility scooter that was given to me. I wanted to make the drive system electric so i bought a used Bladez Elite 250 for $10 at a flea market and it just had a bad controller so i ran the voltage diretly to the motor and off it went. I took the donor electric scooter apart and tried to fasion brackets for all the components on my kart frame but that didnt work:oops: so i am going to put the scooter back together and just chop off the rear and weld it onto my frame. The scooter is 24 volts. I also have a 350 watt 24 volt motor from an old schwinn scooter that i could use.

j.concepcion54321

Reaction score
Update

Alright guys so today i remounted everything to the electric scooter frame and chopped off the frant end so now im left with the battery tray and the rear drive system. Tomorrow ill finish hooking up my steering and get the rear assembly welded to the kart frarme. As of now i think it will be done by this weekend!!:D

j.concepcion54321

Reaction score
Update

I didnt get to weld up the drive assembly yesterday due to getting distracted at homecoming dance:drool5:, but today im going to finish getting the rear end welded, finish up the steering, and get me throttle and brake cables set up. pics of the build coming...

j.concepcion54321

Reaction score
Ok so apparently im going to boston for the day so ill have to hold the go kart off until next weekend because my dad doesnt like me working on the kar during the week. (Doesnt want me to get distracted from school).

j.concepcion54321

Reaction score
Update:

Im going to finish making the steering mockups today and cut out all the metal for it tomorrow so that way when i go to get the drive welded i can also do the steering

j.concepcion54321

Reaction score
update

ok so today i finished welding up the frame and strted to install the seering mechanism. but in RI it gets cold quick so im gonna have to finish it tomorrrow. may be ready by this weekend

Status
Not open for further replies.