Hi From NY!

solidus

Reaction score
Hi All.. my name is Joe.. and I am a brand new go kart builder hoping to learn as much as possible.. and get racing :)

I have basically been wanting to get into racing my whole life.. but the expense and garage space has always derailed me in the past. I have attempted to turn my passion of classic audis and BMWs into a racing hobby... but the upkeep of those old cars that I love always proved to be too much cost and time. I decided to have a go at building my own kart as a more cost effective way to get racing.. or at least cruising around for fun for my first build :)

The plan is to do a total scratch build.. down to the welding. I have some knowledge of welding and general handiness... and I have a friend who has much more experience than me helping out as well.

As a huge motorsport and racing fan, I am actually surprising myself in that I really want to consider going with a high output electric motor in my kart. I love gas motors.. but after seeing some crazy fast electric karts, as well as the relative quietness... it seems like a perfect way to have fun without annoying neighbors.

Anyway, Im sure Ill be posting questions here over the coming months. Right now I am just finding a good online kart plan and starting to gather materials.