Help! Naming parts

Status
Not open for further replies.

GoDaddy

Beginner Member
Reaction score
I just got a good deal on a used Razor Electric Go Kart for my son only $20. Yes, $20 retail at $229. The throttle wasn't working but when I check once we got home, the kill switch wire was shorted out. Problem solved.

Problem not solved. My nephew wants one just like that and his dad couldn't afford a $229 gokart. I thought I would try to build him one using motor from razor E100 scooter that I got along with the gokart, for free. Just need a battery and swap the controller because the E100 is a kick start.

Anyway, before I can begin, i need to know names and terms.
On the back axle/wheels, what do you call that part where the frame and the axle meets? The part that make sure the axle/tires doesn't roll left and right. Same time I guess support the frame.

Hope, i worded that correctly.

GoDaddy

Beginner Member
Reaction score
hmmmm 2 days and now reply. Maybe I'm missing intro.

Introduction:
My name is Dan and I'm an alcoholic, j/k.
I have no knowledge in go kart(newbie).
Tho I have much knowledge with pc.
I am quick learner that's why i'm determind to build a gokart and will sure share the picture when complete.

Rotore

Teh SPIK
Reaction score
I just got a good deal on a used Razor Electric Go Kart for my son only $20. Yes, $20 retail at $229. The throttle wasn't working but when I check once we got home, the kill switch wire was shorted out. Problem solved.

Problem not solved. My nephew wants one just like that and his dad couldn't afford a $229 gokart. I thought I would try to build him one using motor from razor E100 scooter that I got along with the gokart, for free. Just need a battery and swap the controller because the E100 is a kick start.

Anyway, before I can begin, i need to know names and terms.
On the back axle/wheels, what do you call that part where the frame and the axle meets? The part that make sure the axle/tires doesn't roll left and right. Same time I guess support the frame.

Hope, i worded that correctly.

your thinking of bearings and a lock collar

GoDaddy

Beginner Member
Reaction score
Axle and Wheels

Ok, I do not want to jacked other's(r12) thread. I just found out what I need. I actually need the Pillow Block.

Next question. I dont know how the axle and the wheels works by looking at the tire itself. Is there a part I have to buy to hold the wheels to axle. Once again this is the for the rear. The front i'm not worry because it spin free wheel.

Rotore

Teh SPIK
Reaction score
ok you know how a car has a hub the holds the brake disc or drum in place... same on a go kart you need hubs for go karts.

and pillow blocks are basically bearings better for off road use..

GoDaddy

Beginner Member
Reaction score
Are you saying that the pillow block use only for bearing, and doesn't really prevent the axle from sliding?

ok you know how a car has a hub the holds the brake disc or drum in place... same on a go kart you need hubs for go karts.

and pillow blocks are basically bearings better for off road use..

GoDaddy

Beginner Member
Reaction score
Tho I understand I wish there's someone who might have picture of the wheels and hup before and after installed.

Status
Not open for further replies.