Hello all......Joel's the "gokart Old Tech"

Status
Not open for further replies.

rudie98

Reaction score
After 34 years of hospital work, its time to build and get dirty. As a kid of eight I wanted the kind of kart a friend had but money stopped all my dreams. Now 50 years later I'm building the average up to the exreme karts.

I started 8 years ago gather tools for my shop needed to design the many train wreck karts finally with alot of help from other I learned what makes a good kart "GREAT".

Some of the best advice and sugguestions have come from the younger group of builders.

"If we get a idea then we can give one".....

Thanks.....Joel

Silvergrizz

Reaction score
Welcome aboard Joel. I'll second T-Mans request for pictures of past projects. I'll also second your comments on all the help received here and I've only been at this for 3 months. Age is only a state of mind :cheers2:

rudie98

Reaction score
Dear Silvergrizz;

I will gather pictures of past projects and post them. I am restoring ( Extreme Pimping) a Yerfdog 3203 per customer request (Leon). I restored a small kart for him earlier and now a second kart. He and I are re-living our childhood through this Yerfdog.

I guess what drives me when things need to be re-done is his love for his son. He wants this kart to be a extreme birthday gift to show off alittle on his block.

Each time I see the finsih line one of us comes up with another magic thing to add.

Take Care.........Joel

rudie98

Reaction score
Pimping a 3203...........

Customer (Leon) wanted a larger gokart so we found a 3203 Yerfdog. Then the multi projects started.

Joel

Attachments

• aaaa 003.JPG
    aaaa 003.JPG
    267.3 KB · Views: 16
  • aaaa 014.JPG
    aaaa 014.JPG
    251 KB · Views: 15
  • alarms remote 237.jpg
    alarms remote 237.jpg
    144.5 KB · Views: 19
  • console 010.JPG
    console 010.JPG
    224.4 KB · Views: 14
  • headlite&brakes 002.jpg
    headlite&brakes 002.jpg
    116.6 KB · Views: 13

Blazkowiez

Kart Aficionado
Reaction score
Joel, before you finish the kart please re-enforce the back in of that kart. You may have already done so, but it is something that needs to be done... these karts had a large tenancy to break and bend back there.

rudie98

Reaction score
Dear Blazk;

As I got introduced to Yerfdog...3203 I have notice on U-tube owners have found several weak areas in design. Brackets on the A-arms & spindle separating has showns up of 4 out of 6 3203's I've worked on. I agree with you totally about the rear needing alot more support for a heavier engine used (13hp). I have beefed up the rear and increase to dual heavier shocks for support.

I have a good puzzle for you. I got a kart yesterday and with the spark plug wire removed and you pull the cord the kart moves forward and have a series 30 torque converter with belt on. Removed Driver unit and found both garter springs fully extended and one of the bars the weights ride up and down on found rod out of hole. I removed the Driven and found 5 of the 6 button inserts gone. How did all of this happen? Did he get something stuck in the turning parts while it was running?

Let me know what you think.

Thanks.Joel

Blazkowiez

Kart Aficionado
Reaction score
Improper maintenance of the drive clutch and most likely trying to power out of a ditch is how this typically happens on a drive clutch. On the driven the buttons wear and once the first set is gone the second set breaks easily. How worn are the springs in the drive clutch?

Status
Not open for further replies.