GX390 with KX65 transmission on shifter kart

Status
Not open for further replies.

DopamineAddict

New member
Messages
2
Reaction score
0
It works. Built from absolute scratch from a junked KX65 and clone GX390 generator engine. Still dialing in the gearing, but it's close. Anyone try this before and have input and/or questions?

See it in action:
https://youtu.be/APDVUaGqp6s
 

Attachments

  • IMG_20160509_173212.jpg
    IMG_20160509_173212.jpg
    287.7 KB · Views: 41
  • IMG_20160509_173303.jpg
    IMG_20160509_173303.jpg
    336.1 KB · Views: 50
  • IMG_20160504_203757.jpg
    IMG_20160504_203757.jpg
    280.2 KB · Views: 39
  • IMG_20160509_173234.jpg
    IMG_20160509_173234.jpg
    298.1 KB · Views: 33
  • IMG_20160504_203814.jpg
    IMG_20160504_203814.jpg
    263.6 KB · Views: 31

landuse

Moderator
Staff member
Messages
18,798
Reaction score
602
Location
Pietermaritzburg, South Africa
Dang!! It looks good. Is it not a bit top heavy though? I would also definitely get some cover for that chain that is spinning right next to your face!

Welcome to the forum :thumbsup:
 

chancer

ɔ ɥ ɐ u ɔ ǝ ɹ
Messages
9,358
Reaction score
94
Location
COMFORT, TEXAS
DO NOT even ATTEMPT to do much testing with those Front tires.
I am very serious. They will fail almost immediately.

Other than that and what ^ he said. Nevermond i see the plywood. Cool Concept I like it.
Welcome to the Forum.
[edit]
Oh and maybe move the brake pedal to the left. that looks cumbersome.
 

DopamineAddict

New member
Messages
2
Reaction score
0
Yea when we test it we throw on the plywood as our temporary shield from the sprockets and chain. As for the front tires, they are also just for low speed testing as well. I wouldn't trust my safety to anything purchased at harbour freight.
As for the pedal setup it is going to be gas and break on the right side, and clutch pedal on the left (not mounted yet), like a standard trans car because we have the 6 speed transmission. Got some cable equalizers to set up a sequential shift handle kind of how you see in the rally cars.
I suppose it is slightly more top heavy than average but it's wide enough, and the frame twists enough where you will just slide out still instead of flipping. With these tires anyway.
Thanks for the welcoming!
 

mckutzy

Well-known member
Messages
8,353
Reaction score
110
Location
bc, canada
Albeit this is the intro...Welcome...
I would like to hear and see your conversion topic of that transmission...
They are a hot topic about here... And not alot of conversions done...
 

chancer

ɔ ɥ ɐ u ɔ ǝ ɹ
Messages
9,358
Reaction score
94
Location
COMFORT, TEXAS
As for the front tires, they are also just for low speed testing as well. I wouldn't trust my safety to anything purchased at harbour freight.
As for the pedal setup it is going to be gas and break on the right side, and clutch pedal on the left (not mounted yet), like a standard trans car because we have the 6 speed transmission.
Thanks for the welcoming!

Thank you. I was thinking with that much fab knowledge you probably knew that.
and the pedals (duh) of course! I forgot about the clutch.
Carry on:lolgoku:
 

Miky

Member
Messages
122
Reaction score
17
Location
Croatia
I was thinking to use motorcycle transmission, I was in doubt if that is possible and now I know it is, thanks. Nice job!
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top