Florida's Here?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Hiya Everyone,

My name is Alex, and i work for a small company called Overkill Engineering Motorsports, I say that to imply that i have just about every fabrication tool known to man at my expense, Im trying to get a feel for building my own off road bahemith go cart, one that can do the impossible, from mudding, to rock crawling, but just a reminder, i'm in Florida so rocks are about 5 inches in diameter,

If anyone has any tips or designs that would help that would be awesome, I already have a feel for the suspension and brakes, but the engine and transmission? (if i go that route, Reverse is always fun to have in the woods) Is going to be the issue along with the chassis length and independent rear suspension

Thanks for your feedback,
And this will be fun
:idea2:

Doc Sprocket

Reaction score
Sounds like a real beast in the making... Aim high, huh? I think for such a wild undertaking, I'd shoot big. I know there are large displacement motorcycles out there with reverse. Big- like 1000cc plus. I'd consider trying to source one.
Are we talking 4wd? If so, I'd consider another possible option. Source a 3 or 4 cylinder front wheel drive car. Take the engine and tranny together. Disassemble the tranny and lock/weld the differential. Mount the engine/tranny combo lengthwise in the kart/buggy. Now, what were the left and right axleshafts become the front and rear driveshafts (lengths adjusted, of course). Neat, huh? Add yer favorite axles and go.
This, of course, would all lead to something a little more buggy and a little less kart, but then again, the lines are already a little blurry! Cheers! Chris

Status
Not open for further replies.