floor board warping

Status
Not open for further replies.

pickledchang

Reaction score
you could put in a support bar as previously mentioned, and since welding isnt an option, drill holes in the floorboard and use u-bolts or something to hold the bar in place.

pickledchang

Reaction score
just use a thicker support bar if you they are too long, or after you install the u-bolts (i would put the nuts on the underside of the floorboard) you could cut the extra length of bolt off with a hacksaw so they dont catch uneven ground or anything. just make sure you use a good thread locker or self locking nylon nuts.

bucky242

Reaction score
just use a thicker support bar if you they are too long, or after you install the u-bolts (i would put the nuts on the underside of the floorboard) you could cut the extra length of bolt off with a hacksaw so they dont catch uneven ground or anything. just make sure you use a good thread locker or self locking nylon nuts.

that doesn't matter I need to find a u-bolt that the threading will tighten it enough most u bolts look like this
Click here for full view

Attachments

• u bolt.JPG
    u bolt.JPG
    14.5 KB · Views: 13

pickledchang

Reaction score
ah, okay. well, if you cant find a u-bolt that works, you could use two regular bolts with a bracket or strap or what have you in between.

Kenny_McCormic

Kartless....
Reaction score
My seat is 3/4" higher than the floor so there is a drain gap. the seat in on top of the frame and the floor is on the bottom.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.