Flashlights for headlights and marker lights

Cartinfun

Reaction score
I dont want to bother with getting a 12v battery and using normal 12v lights. Anyone use flashlights and mounts for bike handlebars? I am kinda into flashlights so I have a decent amount of them and their batteries, figured just use them.

Anyone have experience doing this? Suggestions?

This one is looking the most robust. A big downside I'm seeing is that many of them are plastic and I can't imagine they will hold up very long on a go kart.

Cartinfun

Reaction score
I don;t ride at night...might hit a coyote or grizzly bear !

Da redflash
I hear yeah there. But, I remember riding 4 wheelers as a kid with my family, we would go on night rides sometimes, way slower speeds, and it was tons of fun. Totally different feel.

panchothedog

Reaction score
I'm with red, when the sun goes down the karts go on the trailer and we head for home. But on mounting question, we ride caravan style at times and it's important to know if someone has dropped off or run into trouble, so I have equipped my mini bike and a couple of the karts with rear view mirrors. The plastic bicycle stuff has not held up. I've had brand new ones fall or rattle off in
less then 15 minutes. The much more expensive motorcycle ones hold up fine.

BaconBitRacing

Reaction score
Yeah, my house backs up to a rock quarry and then there is state trust land on two sides of my neighborhood. Needless to say, we are often serenaded to sleep by coyotes.
I’m pretty close to a hospital so they yell a lot. Especially in the summer, they get restless.

Cartinfun

Reaction score
I'm with red, when the sun goes down the karts go on the trailer and we head for home. But on mounting question, we ride caravan style at times and it's important to know if someone has dropped off or run into trouble, so I have equipped my mini bike and a couple of the karts with rear view mirrors. The plastic bicycle stuff has not held up. I've had brand new ones fall or rattle off in
less then 15 minutes. The much more expensive motorcycle ones hold up fine.

Good call, I actually thought of mirrors as well. I will keep motorcycle mirrors in mind.