First timer looking for help

KingGene

Reaction score
Stumbled across this forum page trying to do some research into redoing my yeti dog for my kid. not very knowledgeable with this type of stuff. really hoping to get some help from you vets out there. I’ll post some pictures of what I got sitting here and keep posted all the way through this build if I can get some help, guidance, and some pointers. I would like to just pull this motor off replace it with a predator motor maybe. let me know your opinion. D951D762-B9AA-419D-A2E0-5F976024668F.jpeg7DE65C3E-3581-42EC-A163-6F979118B925.jpegB364EC75-9B9E-4C9E-AB25-20965AAD6553.jpeg04E4E1BD-7F20-41CE-8940-9DCB1C8FCCAD.jpeg

panchothedog

Reaction score
Others may disagree but I'd be all for it. I don't care one bit for the kind of engine that is currently on your kart. You say you are not very experienced with this kind of stuff. Do you mean specifically go karts, or mechanical stuff in general? If you are meçhanically inclined and own a decent set of hand tools and maybe fabricated things in the past it shouldn't be that hard. It will involve some cutting out of the old mount and welding in a new motor mounting plate.
Even if you don't weld you can prepare everything and take it to a welding shop. Basically erecter set or tinker toy construction with heavier steel. If you are not mechanically inclined, don't own much in the way of tools, and can't look at the back of the kart and sorta visualize how it would all go together, it might be out of your skill set. I am trying to get a feel here for your mechanical
abilities. I don't weld, but I wouldn't hesitate 5 seconds to jump into this job.

KingGene

Reaction score
Others may disagree but I'd be all for it. I don't care one bit for the kind of engine that is currently on your kart. You say you are not very experienced with this kind of stuff. Do you mean specifically go karts, or mechanical stuff in general? If you are meçhanically inclined and own a decent set of hand tools and maybe fabricated things in the past it shouldn't be that hard. It will involve some cutting out of the old mount and welding in a new motor mounting plate.
Even if you don't weld you can prepare everything and take it to a welding shop. Basically erecter set or tinker toy construction with heavier steel. If you are not mechanically inclined, don't own much in the way of tools, and can't look at the back of the kart and sorta visualize how it would all go together, it might be out of your skill set. I am trying to get a feel here for your mechanical
abilities. I don't weld, but I wouldn't hesitate 5 seconds to jump into this job.
I have tools. No welder but I been looking at some stick welders to buy. Best way I can explain what my potential is as far as working on stuff, I haven’t ever worked on vehicles but I watched and researched enough to figure out how to pull a motor out of a Ford Explorer and replace a timing chain. Took me 2 weeks but I did it by myself.
If you can point me to a video of a build like what I am doing I can make it work.

Denny

Canned Monster
Reaction score
Get a flux core mig welder. It will be more versatile. Welcome! We can help you turn that kart into scrap metal no problem. I mean help you fix it up. Yea, yea, fix it up!

panchothedog

Reaction score
Mr. Gene
If you go for this, and I think you should, when it becomes time for very specific
questions, or this is where I am at, what next. A good close-up picture helps us a lot to be able to help you. Your kart with suspension at both ends is a good candidate for what you want to do.

panchothedog

Reaction score
The style or type of engine you have is called ( I think ) a GY6. There are a few members on here that know a lot about these. Not me. If you google GY6 engine parts you should come up with some suppliers. There's plenty of them out there.

KingGene

Reaction score
The style or type of engine you have is called ( I think ) a GY6. There are a few members on here that know a lot about these. Not me. If you google GY6 engine parts you should come up with some suppliers. There's plenty of them out there

I am looking for a better one than what’s stock on it. Everywhere I read talks bad about the carbs that come in them.

KingGene

Reaction score
Hey y’all I am going to end this thread here.
I have spent a couple hours looking through endless questions just like mine and found a few senior members on here with a total build out with parts and all thread.
so I will start my next thread in build projects I think.
sorry for being that guy lol.
I am sure I will still have some questions but I won’t ask them here.
thank you men and Godspeed