Exhausted!

Status
Not open for further replies.

kibble

I banned myself
Reaction score
With all this talk about exhausts and stuff, I got to wondering if what I'm planning for my kart would be a bad idea.

My engine currently has the stock muffler on it which is a big, cube like device up on the top part of the engine. My thought was to modify it so that I had a pipe coming out of the engine and go down where it would split off into two separate, smaller mufflers. I don't currently have a pic of what I'm talking about, I'll try to get one soon. I'm just wondering if you guys have any advise about what's ok and what's damaging to do to the engine. The engine is this one.

kibble

I banned myself
Reaction score
Here's a pic of what I'm talking about so you can get an idea.

Attachments

• exhaust.jpg
    exhaust.jpg
    71.1 KB · Views: 84

crazycart

RedNek Engineering
Reaction score
With a four-stroke,that shouldnt be a problem at all.If anything itll be really quiet lol.

kibble

I banned myself
Reaction score
@ Ironman, I got them at a local nursery. They have various parts there for lawnmowers and stuff.

@ Russ, Yeah, I had a feeling they were for B&S engines. You can have the golden piston ring.

@ 2or3, Yeah, I'm gonna trim 'em down a bit and weld them to the yellow pipe. I'm also gonna trim down the yellow pipe cuz it's too long. I want the muffler to be a little bit closer together by a few inches.

kibble

I banned myself
Reaction score
$50 at a Harbor Freight parking lot sale. This engine and an 11Hp McCulloch were on a couple of generators that were pretty trashed. Got both generators for $50 each and just took off the engines. I couldn't pass up that deal! They're functional, just needed some cleaning. Too bad none of you live nearby cuz the Harbor Headquarters has some pretty cool stuff in their parking lot sales. They have a bunch of stuff that may have been returned or there's something wrong with so they sell it for dirt cheap. :thumbsup:

kibble

I banned myself
Reaction score
They're really not that heavy but I would put on some brakets anyway, just so they won't rattle or shake around too much. Now that the kart is working, I'm probably gonna get on making that exhaust.

kibble

I banned myself
Reaction score
Well, I came across a small problem with my brakes but I figured out the cause, I just need a longer bolt for part of it. The steering is really sensitive and I think I need to shorten the distance between the steering rod and the tie rod ends. Might take it out to a school yard on the west end of town on Saturday and really try to open it up.

kibble

I banned myself
Reaction score
Thanks! Unfortunately I want to clean out my garage first before I get on that because I want to raise the kart up so that I can work on it. Trying to work on it while it's on the floor sucks and hurts your back! :ack2:

Trying to get motivated to clean out the garage is the hard part. :arf:

Status
Not open for further replies.