• OFF TOPIC fun forum - NO politics - NO religion - NO jerks. It's not complicated. Thanks!

Craigslist scams?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kaptain Krunch

Pro Junk Collector
Reaction score
I've been getting quite a few scam email from craigslist lately, 2 just today, anyone else experiencing this?

I'm not exactly sure how the scam is supposed to work, but it pretty much consists of the person saying they are going to pay with a certified bank check, then they ask for your adress name and phone number, and they wont accept P.O boxes, if anyone wants to explain that would be good.

Heres the most recent one

Thanks for the swift reply, i am still interested in buying and i am satisfied with the conditions and because i read through the AD and i will like you to know that, am highly interested in buying this items for my Daughter-in-law. I will make my payments with a bank certified check. I will be responsible for the pick up when check clears, please get back to me with the following informations so that the payment can be endorsed:

Name to be on the check.
Address to mail the payment to.(NOT P.O BOX)
Phone number both land and mobile.

After the information is been supplied, i will give you an update on the payment. I will be highly grateful if you can withdraw the AD from craigslist and make me your favorite buyer.

Thanks You!!

They also always ask me to remove my ad, not sure why :confused:

kibble

I banned myself
Reaction score
:iagree: Yup, those are scams. Don't bother replying to them. My friend just within the last week got five of those messages worded almost identical to that for some tires he's selling. They also asked him to remove the ad. What I've read that happens is that they send you a check/M.O., whatever, you go and cash it, then, when your bank finds out it's fraudulent, your account loses that money and you're accountable for whatever it was. Long story short, you're screwed and someone else got your stuff for free.

SpyGuy

Hooligan
Reaction score
That happens on ebay, too. Somehow, I've sold several items and the buyer wants to know when they'll be shipped before he reports me to ebay security, since he has already deposited the money in my PayPal account. Amazing - I didn't even know I HAD one! And where did I get a 1973 Camaro to sell ....?

kibble

I banned myself
Reaction score
Ha ha! I sold a car I did not know I had on eBay once too. Can't remember what it was though. I have gotten more than one. It seems that a lot of those tend to be eBay Motors oriented for some weird reason.

Kaptain Krunch

Pro Junk Collector
Reaction score
i would reply to them and just mess with em.

I did reply to one with some words i can say here

They asked for adress, Phone number, and full name. this is what i said;

Full name: A%#F$@% Retard
Adress: 420 F$#@you Rd.
Phone number: 1-800-F#$%youd@$#hole

SpyGuy

Hooligan
Reaction score
Along the same lines are the email scams. I like getting the ones from someone overseas, saying that how blessed it is for them to find such a caring and compassionate person (man, who are they talking about?), and have something like $6.5 million dollars that they would like to deposit in my account because of problems in their country. What I do with those are send them the emails of other spammers/cons so they're emailing each other ....

Latest one I got was from a young lady from Nigeria telling me she needed my bank information so she could deposit $19.6 mil in my personal accounts until she came of age,. She needed my help because her family had died under "suspicious circumstances", and I would be the guardian of her money. I played her off against a Reverend Blessed Brown (no kidding, that was the name he sent me!), also from Nigeria (notice how just about all these scams are coming out of Nigeria?), who only offered me a cut of $6.5 mil, the cheap bassard .....

Status
Not open for further replies.