Convert battery golf cart to follow up or remote control

Many moto

Reaction score
Hello, I have a motocaddy M1 battery golf cart, I like to add a remote control option so I don't have to drive the cart all the time. I been looking a lot but I cannot find on how to convert to a remote control and the company that make this did not have a kit to make the conversion. I just need to add the move forward and stop option, nothing else. Appreciate your help.

Attachments

• 2017_M1_PRO_M1_PRO_DHC_M3_PRO_Instructions_[WEB].pdf
    1.7 MB · Views: 14

Bansil

Painter of gnomes....
Reaction score
Mmm, you'll need a transmitter and receiver from rc world.
Then esc..electronic servo controller

Then either a mechanical or electrical connection, should be simple.

The electrical artist should be around.

Would be Kool to whip out a Playstation looking control.....come here putter :ROFLMAO:

rwd4evr

Reaction score
1000 pound(or whatever it weighs) RC car = bad idea, especially since you obviously are not an expert in RC systems. Fail safes need to be rock solid. Building/buying a suitablely strong steering servo will be a challenge. Large homebuilt rc have used windshield wiper motors with a servo body as a driver. But SERIOUSLY. Making a rc car capable of killing people if it takes off is not something to mess around with without a VERY complete knowledge of how to set up the controller with proper fail-safes.

Bansil

Painter of gnomes....
Reaction score
1000 pound(or whatever it weighs) RC car = bad idea, especially since you obviously are not an expert in RC systems. Fail safes need to be rock solid. Building/buying a suitablely strong steering servo will be a challenge. Large homebuilt rc have used windshield wiper motors with a servo body as a driver. But SERIOUSLY. Making a rc car capable of killing people if it takes off is not something to mess around with without a VERY complete knowledge of how to set up the controller with proper fail-safes.
Are we not having a discussion about a 30 lb golf caddy? I don't see it going all overdrive and slaughtering the high school golf team :unsure:

Thepartsguy

Reaction score
@Thepartsguy is an rc guy. Maybe he can help.
My ideas would be barbaric at best.. Just off the top of my head I have a servo and rx/tx and would absolutely not use it to push the gas pedal but rather pull the butterfly on the carburetor. I honestly don’t know how you would get proportional steering without a servo either.. servozilla or something. Have multiple shutdown switches..

rwd4evr

Reaction score
Ohhhh. My bad. Thought it was an actual golf cart. Read the pdf. It has a self drive feature it will go up to 45meters and you can stop it with a key fob or something. Page 18