Carter Bros Hot Bodies Project

Grizzlymi

Wolverine
Reaction score
Well after a few years of tinkering with this $75 CL find I finally got around to finishing it. Haven’t worked in 6 weeks and won’t be back till at least May 18th.

Day I picked it up.

Paint removal

Primed

Primed and painted Rustoleum Gloss Apple Red

Center cap I made for the steering wheel

Jackshaft, spindles, pedals etc getting ready to clean up and paint

Rims going from white to black. Still have the originals but wanted something new and not bent up.

Got the inspiration of color scheme from a Nintendo I did years ago. Wanted the Apple Red with Flat black accents.

Motor is a new Hemi Predator
Billet flywheel and connecting rod from ARC
Governor removed
Black Mamba Cam from Isky
Filter and open exhaust
ARC top plate
26lb valve springs
Carb is S/A bored out .675 with jet replaced

New torque converter driver and 6” driven

Waiting for the upholstery shop down the block to open up so they can recreate the seat cushion.

Hellion

Disc brakes are for cowards
Reaction score
Well after a few years of tinkering with this $75 CL find I finally got around to finishing it. Haven’t worked in 6 weeks and won’t be back till at least May 18th.

Day I picked it up.

Paint removal

Primed

Primed and painted Rustoleum Gloss Apple Red

Center cap I made for the steering wheel

Jackshaft, spindles, pedals etc getting ready to clean up and paint

Rims going from white to black. Still have the originals but wanted something new and not bent up.

Got the inspiration of color scheme from a Nintendo I did years ago. Wanted the Apple Red with Flat black accents.

Motor is a new Hemi Predator
Billet flywheel and connecting rod from ARC
Governor removed
Black Mamba Cam from Isky
Filter and open exhaust
ARC top plate
26lb valve springs
Carb is S/A bored out .675 with jet replaced

New torque converter driver and 6” driven

Waiting for the upholstery shop down the block to open up so they can recreate the seat cushion.

Did you ever get the seat cushion re-popped? I like that one piece style with the attached cushion side bolsters. The Ken Bar single seat karts used a very similar design albeit with a white stripe down the center.

If the shop you used is trustworthy and skilled, I might use them too.

Grizzlymi

Wolverine
Reaction score
Did you ever get the seat cushion re-popped? I like that one piece style with the attached cushion side bolsters. The Ken Bar single seat karts used a very similar design albeit with a white stripe down the center.

If the shop you used is trustworthy and skilled, I might use them too.

I never got the seat done. Someone purchased the kart before I had a chance to do it.