Can anyone help?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tom Hansen

Reaction score
Im looking to put a couple of lights on my son's kart.Can anyone tell me what I will all need to do that on a 5hp briggs fun power?

Joshmcmillan

Reaction score
One way you could do it, get a battery (maybe an old motorbike battery or something? That should work well so long as you could charge it). Then just wire it up with a switch in the middle, and bolt a couple of lights on the front (maybe try wreckers or eBay for some old motorbike lights).

killawatt

tried to get banned
Reaction score
There are a couple of ways to do it the best in my opinion is to just go to the local junkyard and pull the alternater out of like a small car or truck and some how work it into the chain drive on the cart but for just a few lights i would recommend going to wallmart or local store and buying one of those jumpstart boxes for cars. They are easy to charge they already have a positive and negative terminal and will last a realy long time because they are designed for slow drain thats what i would do the only labor is strapping it down somewhere:thumbsup:

oscaryu1

Reaction score
buying one of those jumpstart boxes for cars. They are easy to charge they already have a positive and negative terminal and will last a realy long time because they are designed for slow drain thats what i would do the only labor is strapping it down somewhere

I disagree. Jumpstart boxes are NOT designed for slow drain. They contain a sealed lead acid battery, which is designed to give a big burst of power (IE car batteries). They can be used however.

To be on the safe side I'd get a nice deep discharge battery.

killawatt

tried to get banned
Reaction score
they have to be slow drain because i used to use a car battery and i have four lights they would only last about 30 min if that long but with the jumpstart box i got over an hour and a half till they strated dimming

cmmatthews

Reaction score
Look at Mountain Bike Lights...

I took the Princeton Tech 8 LED light off of my mountain bike (powered by 6 AA batteries and lasts forever) and mounted it on the front of my go Kart the other night....I mounted the powerpack on the steering column support.

Super bright and works awesome- I used it for years riding trails at night on my bike....works just as well on the go kart. There are also rechargeable bike kits available.

mine is alot like this one:

http://cgi.ebay.com/PRINCETON-TEC-C...ryZ22689QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Robb_Wolfe

'I need speed'
Reaction score
Im looking to put a couple of lights on my son's kart.Can anyone tell me what I will all need to do that on a 5hp briggs fun power?

if you have money to spend i say you go to an offroad supply shop and get a few mountable floodlamps and/or spotlights, then run a 12volt system. also a brand new batt will do wonders.

thats what i had on my last kart and it worked fine
(though the lights were from cars going to the scrap yard, but they worked:sifone: )

:bannana: :bannana:

Status
Not open for further replies.