Brand new predator 301 build

Kyle17

Reaction score
Plug on ut2 with 4 wires, i misspoke by saying 4 wire, meant 4 prong plug. Thanks for pointing that out.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210117-145303_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20210117-145303_Chrome.jpg
    244.9 KB · Views: 7
Last edited:

OPmini

moo
Reaction score
If i look up ut2 coil it shows a plug that has 4 wires as opposed to ut1 that has a single wire that runs to grounding switch
Hmm... I just looked that up to and your info seems right. The interesting thing is I have a coil with two wires one for the spark boot and one for the kill switch and it cuts out at around 6k rpms (I have measured it with a tachometer) I assumed it was a ut2, but again. Well, at least you solved the issue!

Kyle17

Reaction score
Hmm... I just looked that up to and your info seems right. The interesting thing is I have a coil with two wires one for the spark boot and one for the kill switch and it cuts out at around 6k rpms (I have measured it with a tachometer) I assumed it was a ut2, but again. Well, at least you solved the issue!
I looked up the wiring diagram for ut2 coils. A way to tell which u have is to ohm it and see if it is running ungrounded or grounded. Ut1 runs ungrounded then kills it when grounded. The UT2 runs exactly opposite of that.

greggor51505

Reaction score
If i look up ut2 coil it shows a plug that has 4 wires as opposed to ut1 that has a single wire that runs to grounding switch
oddly enough i did the same thing...after the stage one kit i ran the motor and it was cuttin out on me at full throttle...almost acting like a rev limiter...so i put the stock jet in there this afternoon, left the cold air intake and the header pipe and now it revs up just fine.