Brakes

Status
Not open for further replies.

r_chez_08

Should be in the shop...
Reaction score
no, i think hitting a tree would be very effective
hit trees>Disc>Drum>Ghetto Serpentine hub brake>Scrub brake>Foot>Knuckle dragging>Jump off>hit rocks>Stop go kart by jamming extremities in moving parts

Last edited:

Kenny_McCormic

Kartless....
Reaction score
would this qualify as a scrub brake??

cuz like it acts as metal on rubber right but its not contacting the tire, only the rim. and it isnt affected by weather either cuz of that reason. i mean it still locks up when riding it in the snow right. just wondering....

I cant see whats going on there.

BradenM

Etre Et Durer.
Reaction score
The hub on the inside (yellow/gold colour) spins with the axle. When you apply the brakes, the shoe inside the black drum tightens against the spinning hub, and the generated friction slows the hub (which is connected to the axle) down.

r_chez_08

Should be in the shop...
Reaction score
The hub on the inside (yellow/gold colour) spins with the axle. When you apply the brakes, the shoe inside the black drum tightens against the spinning hub, and the generated friction slows the hub (which is connected to the axle) down.

arnt they drum brakes then? not band

BradenM

Etre Et Durer.
Reaction score
Looking at them, I would argue they are closer in relation to band brakes in form and function then drums.

I agree with Kenny, but depending on what your making. Would be adequate for a minibike, but doubtful for a kart.

Status
Not open for further replies.