big block carb

redflash

Reaction score
has anyone used the big block carbs sold by Vegas carts, and NR racing as well as others, called the "24mm bored carb ?
Apparently the stock carb is about 21.5mm venturi. they bore and polish the stock carb out to 24mm and add a 3rd mid range circuit . It appears that the only adjustability is jet changes.
My 420 carb linkage to the stock carb is very simple, and because of that simplicity, I don't want to change to a Mikuni setup. The recommended mikuni is 34mm but I don't want to change my linkage, go to the expense, etc., or have that much flow.

Does anyone have experience with this "24mm bored carb" ?

Da flash

panchothedog

Reaction score
Never heard of it. How much does it cost? From what you explain about it sounds like it could be pretty good. Have you made any modifications to your stock carb such as free flowing air filter and a larger jet.

redflash

Reaction score
You'll find them at vegascarts , and nrracing. They cost around $70. But from what I can find..all the adustment screws are epoxied in and lots of guys have trouble syncing them in.
Yeah I have stage 1 header, larger jet, free flow intake, champion rockers, chrome Molly push rods, and just put in the 250 twister cam from nr racing, jetted the stock carb up a few notches.
I'm getting there. No racing, just desert boogeying is the plan.

Da flash

Last edited:

redflash

Reaction score
that seems to be the issue, guys are trying to melt out, dig out, drill out all the epoxy and put in adjustable screws.......seems only one guy has figured out how to do it correctly, and now he's got a business . ( which of course raises the cost of using that carb.

Da Flash