• OFF TOPIC fun forum - NO politics - NO religion - NO jerks. It's not complicated. Thanks!

Anyone else build one of these?

Status
Not open for further replies.

skid20

Universal Remonster
Reaction score
Behold the Marble Musket! Shoots a 18mm marble at 150 psi through a stop sign from 30 ft. Crafted from a broken crossbow, uses the same triggering mech/saftey. Still trying to find a good way to make Rifle-like grooves inside the aluminum barrel to gain better accuracy, but it does'nt do too bad at close range.

I had the opportunity to shatter a cinder block with a glass ball, after that it becomes addicting Lol!:2guns:

Attachments

• _WEB 5h.jpg
    _WEB 5h.jpg
    96.4 KB · Views: 18
  • 45.jpg
    45.jpg
    94.3 KB · Views: 15
  • _WEB.jpg
    _WEB.jpg
    40.1 KB · Views: 11

Kaptain Krunch

Pro Junk Collector
Reaction score
I was just thinking about making some kind of air rifle today, except on a smaller scale (overpowered bb gun i guess).

skid20

Universal Remonster
Reaction score
I was just thinking about making some kind of air rifle today, except on a smaller scale (overpowered bb gun i guess).

You can make a full auto by constructing a vortex chamber.
I saw one not long ago that was pretty compact and it had a rediculous rate of fire.

I was thinking of converting to Co2 as not to be tethered or have to lug a compressor around. I use a jump pack for a car that has a built in compressor its nice because it will charge up to 300psi but there is a limit to the amount of useful pressure depending on the size of the barrel and valve.

Kaptain Krunch

Pro Junk Collector
Reaction score
Im also thinking about making a coil gun, i ways thought they were pretty bad ***, plus i got an extra disposable camera flash circuit to use as a power source.

skid20

Universal Remonster
Reaction score
Oh yeah coil guns are the s***! You can make a really powerful one with a motor start capacitor too.

I thought about making one myself but on the other hand I also want to make one that uses propane in a actuation cylinder. Combustables always have that wonderfully loud attention getting bang!

Kaptain Krunch

Pro Junk Collector
Reaction score
Look what you made me do! now i gotta make a coil gun! :stir:

Looks like i got some good high voltage caps, and nearly everything i need, i'll let you know how it goes.

EDIT: i dont have any wire for the coil, but i did do some work with the charging circuit and the caps. I wired two caps in a series, both 330v one is 150uf and the other is probably 80-120, **** does this thing make a bang when you touch the two outputs together. Definitely gonna be cool when its done.

skid20

Universal Remonster
Reaction score
Look what you made me do! now i gotta make a coil gun! :stir:

Looks like i got some good high voltage caps, and nearly everything i need, i'll let you know how it goes.

EDIT: i dont have any wire for the coil, but i did do some work with the charging circuit and the caps. I wired two caps in a series, both 330v one is 150uf and the other is probably 80-120, **** does this thing make a bang when you touch the two outputs together. Definitely gonna be cool when its done.

Oh man! That is going to be devistating. Just watch handeling those Caps they'll burn the **** out of you. I just got popped on the arm by one on a squirrel cage fan like a week ago, left a fat burn! LOL

Carlman

Reaction score
This is my main hobby!

I own a hybrid spud gun that can double the speed of sound with a metal bb headed polyurethane 50cal bullets!

Aswell as an 800fps golf ball gun and numerous others.

Im carlman from spudfiles.com

Carlman

Reaction score
Heres the guns:

Hybrid is 150ml in volume with a 1.7m 50cal barrel. Can take up to 50x propane/air (50 times 1x which is steiometric at atmospheric pressures) ie thousands of psi when combusted.

Made from 6061 stainless.

The metal bucket was from a 6mm bolt at 9x.

Attachments

• HybridPicsMKII003.jpg
    HybridPicsMKII003.jpg
    61.7 KB · Views: 9
  • HybridPicsMKII002.jpg
    HybridPicsMKII002.jpg
    48.6 KB · Views: 8
  • HybridPicsMKII006.jpg
    HybridPicsMKII006.jpg
    49.1 KB · Views: 10
  • t_100_0949_125.jpg
    t_100_0949_125.jpg
    25.2 KB · Views: 6

572bigblock

Reaction score
homemade guns seem to be pretty popular here. Never thought I would be interested in making a gun, but this has me thinking. Also, has anyone made a laser pointer, with a diode from a DVD player? On youtube they show one that pops a balloon and lights a match in very little time. Looks pretty fun. Fun to light people's hair on fire in school.

skid20

Universal Remonster
Reaction score
Heres the guns:

Hybrid is 150ml in volume with a 1.7m 50cal barrel. Can take up to 50x propane/air (50 times 1x which is steiometric at atmospheric pressures) ie thousands of psi when combusted.

Made from 6061 stainless.

The metal bucket was from a 6mm bolt at 9x.

Nice! That bucket should'nt give you any more trouble! lol

Kaptain Krunch

Pro Junk Collector
Reaction score
homemade guns seem to be pretty popular here. Never thought I would be interested in making a gun, but this has me thinking. Also, has anyone made a laser pointer, with a diode from a DVD player? On youtube they show one that pops a balloon and lights a match in very little time. Looks pretty fun. Fun to light people's hair on fire in school.

I tried to make one but burnt out the lazer diode before i even got started haha.

Status
Not open for further replies.