• OFF TOPIC fun forum - NO politics - NO religion - NO jerks. It's not complicated. Thanks!

Antique Briggs & Stratton model ZZ

Status
Not open for further replies.

Russ2251

AZUSA:Powered by LAWN-BOY
Reaction score
A boring video for the most part. Just tweaking carb adjustments.
You can see me jump at about 05:13 because an unexpected exhaust backfire. Explosion was much louder than audio could reproduce.
At 130 lbs., this engine only produces about 6.5 hp. @ 3,200 rpm. Compare to my 6.5 hp Lawn-Boys (see other vids) at 25 lbs. each.
Flywheel is so massive, it takes several seconds before engine actually comes to a stop after plug is shorted.
62 years old and is a great runner.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8L6SXzhFMKA

Raywelder

Not an Adm¡nistrator
Reaction score
I have an old Kickstard WMB Model.
From about 1945 or so.
Washing machine motor

ITs quite a bit smaller than that though.

Nice motor though.

I want to restore mine.. and run an alternator off of it for a generator, so it could at least be useful if I needed it.

sideways

Unfinished projects king.
Reaction score
it may only have the same power as your lawnboy motor but it has tourque of several lawnboys and the ability to run all year on the ****tyest fuel known to man without skipping a beat :thumbsup: . oh and what i would do for one of those kickstart washing machine engines! they are soooo cool!!! lol

bigfootrules31

Reaction score
yea well i have an OLD southern cross diesel(well not me daddy) and he has the original winch that it drove. ill take a pic

Status
Not open for further replies.