A warthog from scrap steel.

Status
Not open for further replies.

crazyman

Reaction score
My sister's husband's aunt contracted me via voicemail to build her hubby his favorite hunt from Africa from scraps for his Christmas present.

Since i have no license, I couldn't get to tools. My dad picked me up Thursday, and I built it in one day, although I had the nose picked out....

I built the thing in one afternoon, fearing our first snowstorm, rushed like, since I had known about it since early november. Was looking at my scrap pile like WTF? How?

The main body is a capacitor cover from an electric motor, the legs rusty pliers, the nose a half walnut shell.. The rest is custom.

I was wire wheeling it on the bench grinder, the bottom snagged, and it cut my left flipoff finger to the bone. Needed three stiches, because it cut an artery and was squirting, and started squirting again after I got it stopped, pre stitches...

Trust in the Lord with what he has tasked you with, and thou shall succeed.

Attachments

• warthog.jpg
    warthog.jpg
    71.3 KB · Views: 45

crazyman

Reaction score
I know a great Indian dr that only charged $65 for the stitches and a $4 antibiotic. I denied painkillers and have only taken four generic Advil since Thursday... It only hurts if I over extend my reach. BURN/THROB!

Doc Sprocket

Reaction score
Awww.... Ain't he cute!

Funny- When I read the thread title, I assumed "Warthog" was more of a project nickname, rather than, well- a warthog! LOL

souperman000

Reaction score
I like it, Looks really good for being made in one day and out of scrap material.

Thought it was going to be more like a HALO thing, but I guess not..:lolgoku:

Hope your finger heals fast. Sounds like that hurt.

crazyman

Reaction score
Thanks everyone!

Yeah, it's healing pretty quickly. It wouldn't have without the stitches. It only hurts if I over extend my reach, then it feels like I stuck that finger into a light socket. My nurse aunt today at dinner said the electric feeling is a good sign that the nerves heal well.

Status
Not open for further replies.