!5.5 Hp Briggs Vert w/ no clutch

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lamineth

Reaction score
OK, I have read a bunch or threads of people not knowing the difference between a cent. clutch and a torque converter and the difference between thoes people and i, is the fact that i know the difference. now, i have a question for all of you. I have a 15.5 hp engine, it is vertical shaft, and i do not, nor could not use a cet. clutch. I need a torque converter. But i do not see many that i can use on a vet shaft engine, nor do i have any idea on how to use the darn thing once i get it. But this is the main problem, i have the trans axel from a lawn mower, so i have a differential and a way of getting the power from vert to horizontal. but i am clueless on whether to mount the driven part of the converter to the trans axel shaft, or to just do something completely different.

And don't for get that i still need one, any help on that would be much appreciated!

2or3wheels

Reaction score
Im a little confused on what your asking, you taking the motor to a transaxle, but your using a torque converter as you clutch? Wht not get a cent clutch that is belt drive? and just have a belt go to the trans axle?

mikeandike

Reaction score
Dosnt your transaxle have gears? If so you dont need a clutch and you probably wont need a torque converter. Check out Ryfs kart setup.

gustopf

maniac
Reaction score
the transmission on a lawn tractor is a bit to fragile for that kind of abuse, if you try to use it like that it will most likely either be to slow for your liking or you can try to gear it up with a smaller trans pulley, but odds are if you do that youll smoke gears.

Status
Not open for further replies.