30 Series GoPowersports torque converter kit

cobra351

Reaction score
Hi All,

Was just curious if anyone has replaced the clutch setup on the Trailmaster mini xrx-r with the 30 series torque converter kit from GoPowersports and if it made a noticable difference. I have a stage 1 kit on it already. I believe the mids already come with the torque converter instead.

Denny

Canned Monster
Reaction score
I’ll let you in on a little secret. But don’t tell anybody I told you. SssHhh! A 30 series is a 30 series. All parts interchange between everyone. Your best bet is to tune for speed and fun. And Use a Genuine Comet Belt!!!! The cheap belts last minutes, the Comet’s last a season.

jcartwright

Reaction score
Had any luck? I just joined because I am looking to do the same. Not a fan of the centrifugal clutch for what is otherwise a great off-road kart.

cobra351

Reaction score
No luck, due to the reverse gearbox
Had any luck? I just joined because I am looking to do the same. Not a fan of the centrifugal clutch for what is otherwise a great off-road kart.
If you have the xrx-r with the reverse gearbox then it will not work out of the box without modifications. If you have the mini xrx without reverse then you will have an easier time.

Hellion

Disc brakes are for cowards
Reaction score
No luck, due to the reverse gearbox

Anything is possible, just ditch the reversing gearbox (who needs it anyway?).

The forum is geared more towards traditional go karts and traditional drive systems like basic centrifugal clutches and torque converters with the occasional motorcycle engine'd kart (6 forward speeds) thrown in for good measure. We tend to stay away from the Chinese stuff because it is a bit problematic dealing with them.... but don't let that scare you off.