HELP ME Identify my sons go kart, thank you!

Blake W.

Reaction score
cayden.jpg

I don't see any manufacturer plate/name anywhere. Could any of you identify this kart for me? I grew up with the exact same cart in the late 90's, maybe early 2000's. I don't remember the exact year. I just picked this kart up this week after searching for months. My son is one happy boy.

Thank you,
Blake

Blake W.

Reaction score
I see differences with this one and the Streaker. I'm not so sure. It is the one that resembles it most. Thanks a lot for replying Karttekk!
Blake

BigWes

Reaction score
Nice looking kart, not a Ken-Bar that I am familiar with though. Yours has front suspension if I am seeing the picture correctly.

Blake W.

Reaction score
New pictures

gokart1.jpg
gokart2.jpg
gokart1.jpg

New pictures for your viewing to help identify the manufacturer.

Thank you,
Blake

Attachments

• gokart3.jpg
    gokart3.jpg
    287.5 KB · Views: 10

Blake W.

Reaction score
Thank you BigWes. Yes it has little springs with grease fittings on the front.

---------- Post added at 12:20 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:17 AM ----------

A couple people are saying Murray. I'm not so sure. I have yet to find a Murray that looks identical to it. It is all 100% original, paint and all. I have a Murray Explorer, definitely no comparison. Maybe another Murray model??

BigWes

Reaction score
I don't think it's a murray either. The steering wheel and pedals make me think Clipper...but I don't know that they made a model like this...interesting that it has dual pedals for short legs.

ETA: it almost looks like a Clipper Sidewinder...but I don't know if that model had front suspension...

Blake W.

Reaction score
Klipper Sidewinder, too many differences

BigWes, I just looked into the Klipper Sidewinder. I never heard of that one before. I see too many differences. I'll tell you what, whatever it is, it's tough and it's a good one.

Blake W.

Reaction score
BigWes,

I had this exact Kart growing up. Actually my brother and I both had one. We went with my father at a local Kart place and bought them brand new off the show room floor. This one that you are seeing in the pictures, I happened to call a family friend that I know had one at one time. He's a few years younger that I am and he always loved our Karts. Towards the end of my riding days he bought one locally but at a different place. Long story short, 18+ years later after calling him and asking him if he still had his Kart that I was looking for one for my son. He did and now here it sits. I've since replaced the rear tires and other than a tune up, its all original as he bought it.
Blake

BigWes

Reaction score
BigWes,

I had this exact Kart growing up. Actually my brother and I both had one. We went with my father at a local Kart place and bought them brand new off the show room floor. This one that you are seeing in the pictures, I happened to call a family friend that I know had one at one time. He's a few years younger that I am and he always loved our Karts. Towards the end of my riding days he bought one locally but at a different place. Long story short, 18+ years later after calling him and asking him if he still had his Kart that I was looking for one for my son. He did and now here it sits. I've since replaced the rear tires and other than a tune up, its all original as he bought it.
Blake

OK, just looks like a few things are missing to me. That's why I said it looked modified. Look under the seat, and check the pedal covers real close. You may be able to find some markings there.

madprofessor

"Loose Cannon Creations"
Reaction score
I'm confused about the pics of what's what, what's whose, when's that, etc. Lots of pics of different things, which one is the one you have?
My favorite in the pics is the dual matching engines pic post #19 above. Just as much for being unique as for my curiosity about the drivetrains.
I see a single huge axle sprocket, and must assume there's a match for it up close in the pic but hidden behind the left rear tire. Both on what must be a live axle. That's the only facet of the 2 engines that's obviously shared in the pic between the 2 engines.
What else if anything is joined together there, like a single throttle cable, cojoined fuel lines from the tanks, etc? What does it do for braking? If I had a yellow rain suit and a monkey, I could be considered a friend of Curious George, infinitely curious on my own.