Recent content by theillrohan

  1. T

    Sprocket/Chain sizing

    "Thank you" to everyone. I was really confused about chain/sprocket sizing and this thread lent a LOT of clarity. Idk why some places call it #420 #425 etc. and other people call it #35, #40, 41 etc. Whatever the reason, I WAS confused and I'm less so now. The correct sprockets arrive tomorrow...
  2. T

    Sprocket/Chain sizing

    41BS12 What does the 41 represent? Bc the sprockets I have now, aside from being too thick, are also 1/2" pitch but the roller size is off as well. Is there another number or designation for a size #420?? ---------- Post added at 07:28 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:26 AM ----------...
  3. T

    Sprocket/Chain sizing

    I get it now. The suggestion was that I use a 3/4" x 1" bushing AND ALSO use new 1" sprockets. I didn't catch the inference. My bad.
  4. T

    Sprocket/Chain sizing

    It was suggested to me that I use a bushing to go from 1" top 3/4". I have (included in my original post) mentioned that I have a 3/4" sprocket/axle.
  5. T

    Sprocket/Chain sizing

    A bushing is made to reduce sizes. I would need to increase to 1". So my next question is, where the heck can I find a #420 sprocket with a 3/4" bore. They seem to have every other size sprocket/bore combination but the I've I need. ---------- Post added at 07:06 AM ---------- Previous post...
  6. T

    Sprocket/Chain sizing

    Ok so it looks like it will not work properly. So now my next question is, where the heck can I find a #420 sprocket with a 3/4" bore? Btw, thank you all so much for the time and advice.
  7. T

    Sprocket/Chain sizing

    I threw a tao tao 110cc engine from my sons quad into his elec. dirt bike frame. The engine has a #420 left hand drive sprocket and the rear wheel (now has) a #420 right hand driven sprocket. I'm using an intermediate axle with a pair of small sprockets to make the transition from one side to...
Top