Recent content by KartKat

  1. K

    Comet 40 - need help

    Wow! Thank you, thank you, thank you Denny.... That makes total sense. I had never considered that the driven may "float". I had myself convinced that something other than rust was holding it..... I'll take another crack at it tomorrow :wai:
  2. K

    Comet 40 - need help

    Pic
  3. K

    Comet 40 - need help

    I can't find any nuts anywhere on the thing.... I'll try for better pics in the am...
  4. K

    Comet 40 - need help

    Couldn't tell you what kind of jackshaft it is other than its maybe 14" long with a couple of keyways and connected to the mount with 2 pillow bearings...... Pic of opposite side attached
  5. K

    Comet 40 - need help

    Interesting idea... I'll try that in the morning.
  6. K

    Comet 40 - need help

    The Internet..... So it's gotta be true! In all seriousness I do believe the Comet 40 series, symmetrical, with a red spring on the driven, gets mounted opposite the driver, and inboard.
  7. K

    Comet 40 - need help

    Top view
  8. K

    Comet 40 - need help

    Thanks for the reply.... I did the pb blaster thing and the driven still doesn't seem to budge. I'm working with a very limited knowledge base here as I have been trying to teach myself so bare with me on my logic. The driven is mounted on the jackshaft with the spring inboard as it should be...
  9. K

    Comet 40 - need help

    So I'm brand new here and brand new to karts. I bought a Brister's Big Thunder about 2 weeks ago and have been trying to learn as much as possible since. The kart has an 11hp tecumseh mated to a comet 40 series. I rode it once and threw the chain. Promptly learned about sprocket alignment (it...
  10. K

    Hello all....

    Just doing the introduction. I bought a Thunder Kart for my son and have proceeded to take quite a bit of it apart! Learning lots from the forum. Thanks! I'll be posting questions and pics in the engine/clutch thread.
Top