Recent content by Gouldian

  1. G

    just curious...

    I run mainly dense woods. Using a tc in conjunction would give me the ability to rapidly change speed or even stop while clutching the wheel and praying. as far as sprocket and axle, it looks like i'm going to be cannibalizing an atv for swing arm, a-arms, brake,hubs ect.. my origanal plans...
  2. G

    just curious...

    After much scouring of the interweb, I have found...not much. The engine was rated at 34hp@9,000 rpm. I've seen conflicting specs as to transmission ratios, but more of them say that 6th gear is 1:1. The snowmobile tc I have would hold up to the rpm(I think) but im not sure about the...
  3. G

    New to this. Shifter Kart.

    major mods like this would be pretty difficult without welding. do you have someone you can borrow welder from? learning to weld ''ok'' is pretty easy. its welding good that takes practice. a few hours of practice can get you laying beads well enough to do a project like this.
  4. G

    just curious...

    bit of an update, and possibly the start of a build. the Honda rebel was gone when I got in, but I picked up a 1971 Honda cb360t. a little bigger than I was looking for, but should be fine. I got to thinkin' about using a tc from a snowmobile between the trans and the axle. not for the power or...
  5. G

    just curious...

    That's a fancy lookin' motor mount ya got there.. what kart did you start with? it looks an awful lot like the one I have here.
  6. G

    just curious...

    Thanks guys. I always get good answers here. I found an adult buggy locally. Going to look at it when I get home time. it looks like a suburu engine. Engine mounted to a swingarm. Double a arm front suspension. Not sure the bike engine would like being rattled around stuck to the rear. But...
  7. G

    just curious...

    My reasoning is that a bigger tc can cost hundreds of dollars. Plus an engine. I found a crashed 250 honda for 300 bucks. Thats an engine and transmission. Plus any other parts that are salvageable. (Brake system, lights, switch gear)
  8. G

    just curious...

    pretty much my reason for wanting one. Would a factory kart with somthing in the 420cc range take the stress of say, a 250 rebel drivetrain? Some mods are obvious, gussets, brakes, ect.. plus you would have to make it fit and function.
  9. G

    just curious...

    I've seen a bunch of post asking somthing like; "I want to put this massive bike engine on my one wheel drive yerf dog. How much duct tape do I need?" Or somthing to that effect. I wonder, what would be an appropriate sized engine to swap onto a small buggy? With gusseting and extra support...
  10. G

    radio killswitch?

    Awesome. Thanks guys
  11. G

    radio killswitch?

    Hey everyone, currently gathering parts so my kids and I can build a kart. I plan on using a 2.5 hp engine from a minibike I modded for a friend. I'm trying to work out some sort of r/c killswitch. After searching, I've found people talking about them. But no plans or follow up. Has anyone tried...
  12. G

    Mini dozer idea..

    My biggest reason for wanting to use the diff and steering brakes is because i alreadt have it sitting around . The engineer at work is drawing up the drive sprockets. These will be 1/2" thick. After those are done ill start the tracks out of 2x2x 1/4 angle iron and steel plate. It may take some...
  13. G

    Mini dozer idea..

    Jonboy, i saw a few similar to this on mytractorfourum. I shied away from hydro because of the price. Plus i think the mechanical drive will allow for higher speed should this thing prove strong enough to handle it.
  14. G

    Mini dozer idea..

    Ill have to check my basement, but im sure i have a set of forks and front hub from a street bike. It has duel rotors and calipars. I think i could make some mounts and adaptors to use these. Then two hand brake master cylinders and levers. Hopefully this will allow me to avoid violent...
  15. G

    Mini dozer idea..

    Fowler, thats is alot of great info. Looking at my original plan, what would happen if i tried to attach drive sprockets directly to my open differential? I realize that under load i would lose power to one side do to slippage and the nature of an open diff. My thinking is that applying a...
Top