Recent content by DA73

  1. D

    DA's slowww build

    Thanks for the replies, I've had the nut off for a while but when the flywheel didn't come off I assumed it was still attached in some way. So I guess the next step is to give the thing some force and see what happens! :thumbsup: I'm also going to guess that it would be worth my time to hit the...
  2. D

    DA's slowww build

    I've hit a stand still on today... I need to pull off all the pulleys on the front of this engine but I broke the heads off the screws I believe are holding everything together (First Picture) I have no idea how to correct this because drilling them out is not working. Secondly I was looking at...
  3. D

    DA's slowww build

    Haven't had too much time recently so here are just some pictures without much explanation. Long story short the engine is out and will turn over with some force, in real rough shape though. I have run into some issues but I do not currently have enough time to go into detail. I'll try and put...
  4. D

    DA's slowww build

    It was 12:30 AM because I was getting back from working on the farm (Hour drive) so I tore the free sign off and pushed it in the yard to look like it was still in use by the people so I could get the van. then I loaded the **** thing with the help of only one friend. Heavy? yes. Worth it? ****...
  5. D

    DA's slowww build

    Been real busy with work recently. Ended up ordering all the parts for the B&S but was sent the wrong gasket, I haven't had much time so I never got around to correcting it. Then the other day I came across a Honda lawn tractor with a big FREE sign on it. I quickly got the family van and rushed...
  6. D

    DA's slowww build

    :idea2: On second thought I'll just put in the order online tonight, maybe I can get them in before the weekend. ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Fuel line + Spring + Fuel filter + Gasket + Shipping = $40 Feeling of satisfaction...
  7. D

    DA's slowww build

    I know that it is possible to buy parts online, but is it common to have local shops sell small engine parts?(i.e. Fuel filters, Crankcase gaskets, fuel line, throttle springs) It would be much more convenient and quicker to be able to browse through parts rather than order them and wait for...
  8. D

    DA's slowww build

    Every time I looked it kept asking me if I wanted to buy the repair manual, you just made my life a **** of a lot easier and saved me $35! I'll post more pictures once finals are over and I can start the engine overhaul.
  9. D

    DA's slowww build

    Well I got the first piece to my first build, that being the engine. I somehow managed to pick up a Briggs and Stratton 8hp for only $60.(Model:190402 Type:2815-01 Code:85100710) I got the thing home and had some time to check it out over the weekend, gutted it and found nothing devastating. I...
  10. D

    Coming out of lurking

    Maybe he will..... The race is more just for fun, we both want to build the best we can afford but having any usual teenage job we can't afford much! So I don't want to dump money into a Kart I will immediately trash to build a more powerful one. I've done a ton of reading already, been...
  11. D

    Coming out of lurking

    Hi all! My name is Danny, I'm a junior (Soon to be senior) in high school. Always loved working with my hands and building, so I've decided to take a shot at Go Karts! I've been a lurker here for a while and have done small work on my car for about a year, so my knowledge base is existent but...
Top