Recent content by auswag

  1. A

    Subaru ex17 issues/Manco Spitfire

    That makes a lot more sense now, thanks. So maybe compression is not the problem. I have spark and I have fuel, seems like it should turn over. I will still try the list of things this week. Would like to get this going for my son. Thanks everyone for the help/suggestions so far!!
  2. A

    Subaru ex17 issues/Manco Spitfire

    Thank you! I will try all of these.
  3. A

    Subaru ex17 issues/Manco Spitfire

    Thanks for the suggestion on of 56. I have read it and I guess it is a little over my head. Not sure exactly what it was telling me and not sure how I would adjust/make a change to it to increase my compression. I will keep reading.
  4. A

    Subaru ex17 issues/Manco Spitfire

    I was thinking the head gasket as well but wasn't sure what else it could be. Thanks.
  5. A

    Subaru ex17 issues/Manco Spitfire

    Thanks for the link! I thought the compression was low. What can I do to increase the compression? I have found a link on how to adjust the valves but don't know if that will help. Suggestions?
  6. A

    Subaru ex17 issues/Manco Spitfire

    There is a kill switch on the motor and the steering wheel. When they are both in the correct direction I get spark on the plug. If one or both are not in the correct direction I don't get spark. I am assuming they are both working because of this.
  7. A

    Subaru ex17 issues/Manco Spitfire

    Hello, I picked up a Manco go kart with a 6..5 hp Subaru ex17 that is not running. I have cleaned the carb and have spark but the engine will not start no matter how much starter fluid I put in it. I put a compression tester on it today and only got about 40 psi (2.8 kpa) after about 6 pulls...
Top