Recent content by 95s52

  1. 9

    Kart newb has questions

    No pictures to update, but last week I tied a new pull rope to the starter and gave her ****. With a bit of starting fluid she eventually have me some signs of live but only for a brief second. I will pull the motor in the next few days. I don't want to waste time working on the old motor as I...
  2. 9

    Kart newb has questions

    I plan on removing that pesky governer off the predator. That will make it rev to ~5500rpm(?) What's a good torque converter under $150? I might have to use one after all..
  3. 9

    Kart newb has questions

    A little progress yesterday. Took the roll bars off. Makes for easier entry as I'm a bit too big for the kart. I'n the future I will end up removing one of the cross bars to move the seat further back. Here is my current dilemma. I have these compound gears. I want to get the current...
  4. 9

    Kart newb has questions

    Another kick a$$ reply! I appreciate you taking the time to drop some knowledge on me. Why do you think I should take off this clutch? To install it on my new motor? How much does a clutch cost? I was budgeting on purchasing a new one for the preditor. I will try to see if I can get this...
  5. 9

    Kart newb has questions

    Thanks for the insightful information gentlemen. I will take more pictures of my set up later today and update over the weekend. The current motor on the kart says that it's a 6.5hp. It looks tired (thus the new motor) and has a ripped pull cord. I think the previous owner mentioned that it...
  6. 9

    Kart newb has questions

    Thanks for the replies guys, I got a 6.5HP HF special getting shipped to my door, but in meanwhile, I decided to tear into this motor a bit. I removed the chain cover to find a dirty mess underneath. Assuming the HF motor will bolt on to the existing mounts, what do I need to get for the HF...
  7. 9

    Kart newb has questions

    :cheers2: I may be wrong! Like I said, I'm a total rookie to carbonated anything and have never owned a kart, mower or anything of the like. I will take this thing apart over the week and look at what I'm dealing with. I'll post pics up as I go. I'm really tempted to pick up that HF $99 6.5hp...
  8. 9

    Kart newb has questions

    Thanks for the reply gran_pann! I will tare into this thing over the week to see what I'm working with. I believe it's just as simple clutch with a gear that shares a chain with another gear. No torque converter in this set up. Harbor Freight is currently running a special on their 6.5hp motors...
  9. 9

    Kart newb has questions

    Hello gearheads. I come to you for your advise and wisdom. This weekend I purchased what I think was a decent deal for a go cart that I thought I'd fit in relatively well. The kart is callled Murray Kilowatt. Pictures below is the exact Kart that I have, although that's not my picture. The...
Top