Go Back   DIY Go Kart Forum > Announcements & Suggestions > Introduce Yourself!

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 06-14-2008, 03:36 AM

Default Me & my trike project

Well i've posted a few times and been reading up here but i've never introduced myself or my project.
I'm 23, in Thousand Oaks, CA, USA and i've decided to build a reverse trike like a campagna t-rex. My idea is a single seater, i'm using a dune buggy steering rack, toyota MR2 hubs and spindles, honda bike brakes, 15" trailer wheels and tires, bike shocks and custom double wishbone suspension, a hyundai brake cylinder, racing seat and grant steering wheel.
i havent bought the engine yet, i'm almost done putting a HF 6.5 blue as a test mule but i've run across a ninja 636cc engine (125hp fuel injected and 20 000rpm ) and it's looking quite appealing. the ZX-6R has a 0 to 60mph time of 3.5 seconds, i suspect the trike will be around 4 to 4.5secs.. top speed around 170mph not that i will ever even dare try that one out

the trike will be street legal and registered and insured as a bike. it's basically way more than most people here do, its neither cheap nor small no simple but i figure there might be some interest.
i'll get a build diary going as i start to really get going on it.
Old 06-20-2008, 11:26 PM

Update: well i now have everything i need, as far as i know... Picked up a 1998 Kawasaki Ninja EX250 for dirt cheap, front end wrecked but only the front forks and body panels are damaged. the only thing i need to replace is the gauges, the original is hanging and smashed up. the rest of the bike is perfect for me.

let the fun begin...
Closed Thread