supercharger

Rat

Reaction score
i know i would just use thick rubber piping there is no piping mode in tinkercad it would be more roundish not like 90 degree angles
If you search eBay for 1.5" stainless tube, they have some extremely nice preformed sections, but it would be a shame if they were used by someone that welds sloppy

Thepartsguy

Reaction score
The world doesn’t produce sub 1 liter huffers anymore and that makes me sad08ED5DB2-065B-4353-8A00-4E7CA44A0004.jpeg

Thepartsguy

Reaction score
I’m using a smog pump and just need a new pwk24 and a belt. If it works I plan to replace the v-belt setup with a cog belt setup.5422305E-151F-4679-8CCF-8E6D14A40DF6.jpeg3AE78DD1-A7C5-4F91-9B5A-B534972EFB2E.jpeg4C7B678F-39D8-4BC0-9A32-368C91CF1429.jpeg

Thepartsguy

Reaction score
Just don’t try to make more than 5psi. The vanes won’t like it. Bad things will happen.
They make 5 psi from the factory YouTube videos of mgb smog pump tests show 3-5psi depending on the condition of the pump.

I would be extremely happy if it made even 3 pounds. I have a gauge I’ll mount.

bob58o

SuckSqueezeBangBlow
Reaction score
There’s a few videos with the amr 300 / 500.
Red beard has one. He made more boost than I expected with his pulley set up on a 440cc.
I probably did some math at the time and did not expect 15lb on a 440 with a 300cc blowet

I don’t remember his pulley ratio but I expected 1:1 ratio with 300cc blower on 440cc 4stroke about 5 psi of boost.

440 cc / 2 crank rev
220 cc / 1 crank rev
300 cc / 1 blower rev

300 / 220 = 1.36
1.36 * 14.7 psi = 20 psi (absolute)
20-14.7 = 5.3 psi of boost

perhaps intake temps became high, increasing pressure.

Pressure x Volume
is proportional to
(#of of molecules) x (Temperature)

Pressure can increase by increasing temps without stuffing any more air in a fixed volume.

Hotter Air instead of dense air, I propose, will give a higher boost reading with worse performance.

Robot Cantina has used one or two.

Last edited:

bob58o

SuckSqueezeBangBlow
Reaction score
Because top fuel is expensive.
I tried to run an engine on RC nitro fuel.
Probably like 25% Nitromethane 10% Oil 65% Methanol.

I never got the carb tuned. Hillbilly suggested I drill out my jets as fat as possible. I gave up on the nitro pretty quick.

That being said. I plan to use E/85 for my blown engine. 10.5 :1 static compression plus what ever the blower pumps.

A Manco Dingo

Reaction score
i have seen it done but it takes time to tune it i have some buddy's that work at a nice tuning shop and they focus more on ATV side by sides and go kart so they are great with this stuff they even have a ATV dyno that i could dyno my go kart on it

one more thing you know you can mix your own fuel just nitro and methanol you can buy both on amazon

A Manco Dingo

Reaction score
Because top fuel is expensive.
I tried to run an engine on RC nitro fuel.
Probably like 25% Nitromethane 10% Oil 65% Methanol.

I never got the carb tuned. Hillbilly suggested I drill out my jets as fat as possible. I gave up on the nitro pretty quick.

That being said. I plan to use E/85 for my blown engine. 10.5 :1 static compression plus what ever the blower pumps.
nitro requires less air but if you drill out your jet you will need a bigger carb. Typicaly 28 to 32 mm

Thepartsguy

Reaction score
It does not need to be over complicated. you can read one very simple book (Building a flathead by jimmy glenn) and it explains how to convert an engine much much older then the one your working with to methanol.

I’m sure if you looked at what jets you need for a mikuni or stock carburetor it couldn’t be that tough. You never told us if you got a flywheel. Your talking about mods wayyy bigger then just deleting the governor... We have told you the gov delete is #1 cause of overrev flywheel explosions right?