• OFF TOPIC fun forum - NO politics - NO religion - NO jerks. It's not complicated. Thanks!

Predator 212 ridding mower

Denny

Canned Monster
Reaction score
Yeah, you need to start thinkin about a car/truck! A young guy needs cool wheels.
l had this car and chick when i was 22. Ended up giving the car to her. Cars gone now but she's still here. Not sure why.

View attachment 146364

fasr forward about 50 years

View attachment 146370
How did a crusty old fart like you end up with a hot chick? Oh wait I see you gave her a 280Z. Looks like a good trade. She got a sister?

Grizzlymi

Wolverine
Reaction score
If your going to build a riding mower, convert to a live axle and make some sort of jackshaft for the chain from the motor o/p shaft to the axle. Save yourself a ton of head ache and money.

Reaction score
If your going to build a riding mower, convert to a live axle and make some sort of jackshaft for the chain from the motor o/p shaft to the axle. Save yourself a ton of head ache and money.
Yeah that’s my final plan for now. Going to buy the parts very soon just got to get some money

Thepartsguy

Reaction score
What’s the cheapest or cheaper way to do that? are you saying to rebuild the front end?
This whole post is exactly where I started on this forum I was given a mower and kart free. So I pulley swapped and made the tractor fast but the problem as said above was the steering was sketch. I pulled the engine off and sold it for $350 run stand and all. And used that $350 for sprockets and live axle parts.
16F0BC84-2E02-476E-8198-F8260E90E346.jpeg8ACCA72A-96A2-468E-90A9-DA990970C6FA.jpeg7C4968C7-1293-4567-A7CC-320D6FB24F8F.jpegB1ED392E-E362-48DE-A2CA-93C7A31A5A20.jpeg244BDD50-32F8-4DE3-A3FD-FD6FDA743B78.jpeg

Grizzlymi

Wolverine
Reaction score
What’s the cheapest or cheaper way to do that? are you saying to rebuild the front end?
I've built a few mud mowers awhile back. Did a pully swap and it was much faster. The steering on riding mowers is very sloppy. I almost flipped it a few times. I welded on some go kart shackles and converted it to basically a go kart steering system. I already had the shackles, but ordered appropriate length tie rods. Shouldnt cost much I would think to order all the parts you need. Check out a go kart supply website. Fairly easy upgrade if you can weld decent. I didnt ride it much in the city, but we beat the sh!t out of it mudding in the woods and trails. Ended up blowing up the engine and lost interest in it.

Reaction score
I've built a few mud mowers awhile back. Did a pully swap and it was much faster. The steering on riding mowers is very sloppy. I almost flipped it a few times. I welded on some go kart shackles and converted it to basically a go kart steering system. I already had the shackles, but ordered appropriate length tie rods. Shouldnt cost much I would think to order all the parts you need. Check out a go kart supply website. Fairly easy upgrade if you can weld decent. I didnt ride it much in the city, but we beat the sh!t out of it mudding in the woods and trails. Ended up blowing up the engine and lost interest in it.
I will look into that. I kinda want to take it on some trails more than the city but I will see how it is when I build it

Reaction score
Just YouTube "mudmower build" and you'll a bunch of ideas. I might build another one now if I can find a decent mower for cheap. Lol.
I’m sure I know your answer but it’s worth a shot, I have a John Deere Sabre riding mower for sale in southern Wisconsin. It just had the motor rebuilt and a whole tune up with sharpened blades. I’m asking $450

I know it’s not good for a mud mower since it’s nicer but I noticed you are located in Michigan.

Reaction score
I will take $400 it needs a new battery soon. It can charge it enough to start and run but will die again after a few days