New guy to the forum

A Manco Dingo

Reaction score
Hey everyone. My name is Luke and I’m 14 years old. A couple of days ago I started a custom scratch built go kart project. I might need some help soon about what parts to get. I learned to weld a year ago, and I think I’m pretty good at it. I’ll post some pics of my cart later. Can’t wait to get it running!
first of all... welcome! and second of all good luck on your project and then welds look great i am 15 right now and i started welding when I was about 14. also working on go karts is going to be hard and challenging but you will get trough it and with your go kart be creative do just do what everyone else dose do something no one has done (trust me it will be way cooler) and also what engine will you use (i personally would like to see a diesel engine race go kart that you can find on amazon)

A Manco Dingo

Reaction score
one more thing if this is your first time making a go kart i would recommend square tubing round tubing is harder to weld to make it look good and square is easier to cut and make it look neat and even if the welds are good you can get enough welds on it. also are you using a flux or a stick welder? also make the go kart somewhat symmetrical if it is not mostly if not all the way symmetrical i could destroy your center of balance just saying.

A Manco Dingo

Reaction score
it ok to restart a project while the round may work (it wont) the square has a better shape and it essayer to make angles with it and if you don´t have a drop saw and only angle grinder it is easier to cut a square and to make it symmetrical

Reaction score
Yes I am using a flux core welder
Practice makes perfect, keep going, but pay attention to the old guys. They survived. The ones who did something dumb cant tell you. Grind off coatings, make solid contact with your ground clamp, and work in a well-lit, well-ventilated area. wear protective clothing, and don't work tired or drunk.