• OFF TOPIC fun forum - NO politics - NO religion - NO jerks. It's not complicated. Thanks!

I'm back.

Whitetrashrocker

Inmate #952016
Reaction score
Yup, it looks like your king pin bushings are "gone" :surrender:

Probably need something like these (~$0.50 ea.) 😉
https://www.bmikarts.com/Nylon-Bushing--58-ID-_p_1343.html

While your at it, check to see "if" the king pin "barrel" got damaged, while "running" without bushings
...also, maybe check to see "how loose" your tie rod ends too
...then, add some lubrication to ALL of them "joints" :thumbsup:
Bushings? Never heard of em.
The C has oval holes and the pin bolts have rings wore in them. They are beyond repair.

I think you missed the sarcasm.
This front end is gonna get cut off and replaced with some A arms and shocks. Kinda the whole point of this "not a build" thread.

Whitetrashrocker

Inmate #952016
Reaction score
Lo barato sale caro.

The donor brake set up never really worked well. We'll not at all. Even after I took em all apart and cleaned out the crud and corrosion. Ended up buying a complete pre-bled system. Bolted right on. I only had to shorten the threaded push rod and shorten the reservoir hose.

Since i dont have steering, perhaps i should have brakes. Right bobO?
20240315_185043.jpg20240315_185055.jpg

And here's my solution for a chain tensioner.
20240105_205233.jpg

Rat

Reaction score
It seems your Ackerman is backwards.
There really is no hard fast rule as to whether the tie rods should be ahead of or following the spindle... I do know the difference plays a part in the caster angle as well as one tends to be more sensetive to input.

AFAIK the only reason the Ackerman is traditionally ahead of the spindle on karts is for pedal clearance, and to give it a little bit of protection from head on impact damage.

I think we all know orintation is fairly irrelevant, something (or some things) is getting bent or broken when you bounce a gopher hole racing across a field, or clip a tree on a trail going into a corner too hot.

Denny

Canned Monster
Reaction score
There really is no hard fast rule as to whether the tie rods should be ahead of or following the spindle... I do know the difference plays a part in the caster angle as well as one tends to be more sensetive to input.

AFAIK the only reason the Ackerman is traditionally ahead of the spindle on karts is for pedal clearance, and to give it a little bit of protection from head on impact damage.

I think we all know orintation is fairly irrelevant, something (or some things) is getting bent or broken when you bounce a gopher hole racing across a field, or clip a tree on a trail going into a corner too hot.
What I meant was his outside wheel are turning further than his inside wheels in a turn. And that is backwards. The inside wheel needs to turn tighter.

Whitetrashrocker

Inmate #952016
Reaction score
It seems your Ackerman is backwards.
I saw that too. The donor had proper geometry, the dingo had it too. But when I put them together it doesn't.
Not quite sure how to fix it. Maybe making the rod ends on the steering column have their own mount instead of sharing the bolt.
Perhaps it doesn't even matter for the terrain I'm on.