how can i flip the engine from vertical to horisontal ???????????

Status
Not open for further replies.

twister

Reaction score
i got a vertical lawn mower and i need to flip it so it runs horizontal i have watch some videos but i havent been able to do it i dont wanna take the old cab of coz i dont have money to buy a new one any one know how transfer the vertical engine to and horizontal position to run a go kart ???

devino246

Official DIYGK Chem Nerd
Reaction score
You'll need to made an adapter to mount the engine sideways, build an adapter so that the carb is oriented correctly, and make an oil dipper.

Welcome to DIYGK!

dave1701

Good for 100,000 Miles
Reaction score
Unless your up for a rather large project, I would find a cheap horizontal shaft motor.

Bluethunder3320

Reaction score
i agree^^ i ended up selling parts off my vertical to horisontal conversion engine after a disappointing test.

twister

Reaction score
haha yea man is heaps hard to found horizontal engines in good conditions in here coz every one trash them or they fix them

fowler

Reaction score
if u want a good horozontal engine then u your best bet is the local news paper or gumtree

farmers always have loads in ther sheds in half repaired states (well we do anyway)

were in aus are u

twister

Reaction score
oii sexyvicta alf of the engines u show in ebay were heaps old or there r broken or to spencibe

j.concepcion54321

Rebuilding KTM, Need Kart
Reaction score
I think he was trying to show more of the cheaper ones. Im sure if you looked harder you could find some really nice engines with a really high price tag to match it. like the last one he posted, Also the engine on my kart is a pretty old Briggs and stratton 5hp, and it still starts first or second pull and runs strong. If you give them proper maintenace they last forever.

kendelrk

redneck engineer
Reaction score
heres how i interpreted it "oh, sexyvicta all of the engines you showed me on ebay were pretty old or broken and to expensive"

Status
Not open for further replies.