Bobs 2024 Build Off Build

Denny

Canned Monster
Reaction score
If a tree falls in the woods and lands on a dove and a bunny rabbit poops on it and then a bear poops on and wipes with the bunny rabbit can you hear the bunny cry and the bear laugh?

bob58o

SuckSqueezeBangBlow
Reaction score
Rabbit:
“Why do we scream at each other?”

Bear:
“This is what it sounds like when Doves cry.”

Dove:
“Did you forget about the sh!t on your fur?”
IMG_5450.jpeg

The Bear:

IMG_5451.jpeg

bob58o

SuckSqueezeBangBlow
Reaction score
Speaking of turning… I should address the rear brake caliper. Meesa think some 3/8”bolts inside some sleevadores 40mm long will locate my caliper where I want.image.jpg

bob58o

SuckSqueezeBangBlow
Reaction score
March is Carl Jung month in the build and the Swiss will not be delayed by a 29th day in Feb.

About this time I had a dream which both frightened and encouraged me. It was night in some unknown place, and I was making slow and painful headway against a mighty wind. Dense fog was flying along everywhere. I had my hands cupped around a tiny light which threatened to go out at any moment. Everything depended on my keeping this little light alive. Suddenly I had the feeling that something was coming up behind me. I looked back, and saw a gigantic black figure following me. But at the same moment I was conscious, in spite of my terror, that I must keep my little light going through night and wind, regardless of all dangers. When I awoke I realized at once that the figure was a "specter of the Brocken," my own shadow on the swirling mists, brought into being by the little light I was carrying. I knew, too, that this little light was my consciousness, the only light I have. My own understanding is the sole treasure I possess, and the greatest. Though infinitely small and fragile in comparison with the powers of darkness, it is still a light, my only light.
C.G. Jung, Memories, Dreams, Reflections

bob58o

SuckSqueezeBangBlow
Reaction score
John Popper’s most popular music was music making fun popular music in the style of popular music where he calls his audience stupid.

Never realized how genius Popper was.
30 years later and the lyrics hit harder than ever.

bob58o

SuckSqueezeBangBlow
Reaction score
I grew up on AC/DC
Thunderstruck has some great covers.
Mom, get your squeeze box.
Dad, the cello.
Denny, prepare the spoons.
I’ll be on the anvil.

I’ve never seen cellists go so hard.
And Now I want a banjo.

bob58o

SuckSqueezeBangBlow
Reaction score
I wasn’t planning on through-holing this, but after some thought this will be easier than using a lock nut after screwing the bolt into threads.

Plus I failed to think about the geometry of fishing a 2.5” long bolt through the skinny side of the tube (1.25” inner width).

So a bolt, a sleeve, and nut inside the tube.

The scraping of the rotor against the top of the bolt head will alert innocent bystanders that I have no pads remaining and they should in the words of Monty Python… “Run Away!”IMG_5491.jpegIMG_5492.jpegIMG_5493.jpeg

Last edited: