Any chance on adding a video thread?

Status
Not open for further replies.

1happydude

Reaction score
I like looking through the pictures thread for reference and motivation, but would you guys ever consider adding a Video thread as well? I really would like to see more karts in action.

Kartorbust

Reaction score
There isn't much out there for go kart/mini bike videos on YouTube especially a whole lot for people who only know English. A few are just people messing around. Other than Kartfab, CarsandCameras, FearlessFront and a couple other YouTube channels there isn't much. And a the majority never give an update or make more videos.

RobertD

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Help me understand a little better what that would entail. Wondering if you're saying "add a forum" or just add a single thread, or ... something totally different?

Poboy kartman

Senior Moments Member
Reaction score
I think he means a sticky thread. IMO....I'm with Paul...just a big hassle for very little gain....

A picture is worth a thousand words....but a video not much more....

Here's what I see right off the bat, too....I think he wants some kind of measuring stick for performance with these videos.....we all know, depending on gearing and modifications, the same kart can be a dog or a monster....

Sorry, I just don't see it....

2SlickNick

American Minibikes @ FB
Reaction score
I was just thinking a spot to post random videos. If some were sticky worthy, then yeah you can make those stickies.

itsid

Staff member
Reaction score
maybe I still don't understand the question..

But basically you're asking for a forum/thread where people post their videos again, for you to find them more easily.

again?
Yes, people that do post videos, already do so in their build logs and such.
So you could easily search for those with just a bit of effort...
People that don't, wont start posting videos because of a thread or subforum.

So yeah... AGAIN.

In essence: being to lazy to ask the search engine and browse through the results, you want to outsource the effort for your convenience...

good idea ;)

'sid

PS Robert.. if you want me to, I think I can fab something up, drop me a line.

Kartorbust

Reaction score
maybe I still don't understand the question..

But basically you're asking for a forum/thread where people post their videos again, for you to find them more easily.

again?
Yes, people that do post videos, already do so in their build logs and such.
So you could easily search for those with just a bit of effort...
People that don't, wont start posting videos because of a thread or subforum.

So yeah... AGAIN.

In essence: being to lazy to ask the search engine and browse through the results, you want to outsource the effort for your convenience...

good idea ;)

'sid

PS Robert.. if you want me to, I think I can fab something up, drop me a line.
The search engine on here sucks a lot. I've spent a few hours a few times looking for certain things and usually ends up in a thread that had what I was looking for but then no answer was given in the end and was locked up. Picture wise after awhile if people use photo bucket eventually you won't be able to see the picture. Unless someone directly uploads on the forum, it'll just disappear. That gripe isn't just for here but every forum I am apart of.

Laziness isn't the huge problem a lot of it is how everything was setup. Every other forum I'm apart of never locks a thread unless it ended up going off away from its original topic or members go at each other with attacks. And not for inactivity.

Sent from my Z818L using Tapatalk

Poboy kartman

Senior Moments Member
Reaction score
The search engine on here sucks a lot. I've spent a few hours a few times looking for certain things and usually ends up in a thread that had what I was looking for but then no answer was given in the end and was locked up. Picture wise after awhile if people use photo bucket eventually you won't be able to see the picture. Unless someone directly uploads on the forum, it'll just disappear. That gripe isn't just for here but every forum I am apart of.

Laziness isn't the huge problem a lot of it is how everything was setup. Every other forum I'm apart of never locks a thread unless it ended up going off away from its original topic or members go at each other with attacks. And not for inactivity.

That's your opinion....and you're welcome to it....

Personally, here's mine: you're full of SHEET!

The information IS HERE....your inability to navigate the site and retrieve it doesn't make it non-exsistant nor inaccessible...

If you think we are going to change this site to suit your inequities....think again....

If you are unable to pull up the information, the solution is simple....just ask....there are a huge resource of competent people here available almost 24/7....and ready and willing to help....(sometimes in minutes....any time of day )

Now....if you think those other sites are so great...."See ya...Don't let the door hit ya where the good Lord split ya!" "Well
.........bye!"

Adios....MF!

Kartorbust

Reaction score
That's your opinion....and you're welcome to it....

Personally, here's mine: you're full of SHEET!

The information IS HERE....your inability to navigate the site and retrieve it doesn't make it non-exsistant nor inaccessible...

If you think we are going to change this site to suit your inequities....think again....

If you are unable to pull up the information, the solution is simple....just ask....there are a huge resource of competent people here available almost 24/7....and ready and willing to help....(sometimes in minutes....any time of day )

Now....if you think those other sites are so great...."See ya...Don't let the door hit ya where the good Lord split ya!" "Well
.........bye!"

Adios....MF!
Your attitude is not appreciated. I don't attack people because I disagree with them. I do have my things I'll bring up if I feel like they should be tweaked to be better.

I've already said my bot of how I feel about having a video section added on here and I felt like it should just be added into the photo section.

But blatantly attacking someone is just low and childish. But I know, doesn't bother you.

Status
Not open for further replies.